[SOLVED] Any plans to add this functionality to other types

13 years 5 months ago #143202 by sfraise
I just started playing around with the ajax text field plugin and it's great, now I wish that all of the fields on a user's profile could be edited via ajax right on the profile it's self.

Is there anything in the works currently maybe for 2.0 or something for actually adding this functionality to the other field types such as drop downs, dates, etc?

If not I might try to pick the plugin apart and see what it would take to do this when I get some extra time as I think this would GREATLY improve the user experience. I just don't want to work on something that's already being worked on.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/04 20:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #143204 by nant

13 years 5 months ago #143254 by sfraise
Thanks nant, that's awesome news.
Any loose ideas on a time frame when 2.0 beta will be rolling out?

13 years 5 months ago #143271 by krileon
sfraise wrote:

Thanks nant, that's awesome news.
Any loose ideas on a time frame when 2.0 beta will be rolling out?

Sometime this year, maybe. ;)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143421 by sfraise
Awesome, changes my approach a bit to this project then. Going to stick with a fairly stock build until 2.0 is released since it sounds like it's going to accomplish a lot of what I wanted to do.

13 years 5 months ago #143456 by sfraise
Any plans to get any of this stuff like the additional ajax fields or a cascading dependent drop down function out in the incubator? I would love to help test one of those.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn