Yanc subscribe

18 years 4 months ago #113 by lw_d
Yanc subscribe was created by lw_d
I love Yanc, so glad it is integrated with CB, I was wondering if it is possible to give the user the option of subscribing to a newsletter at the registration page?

This would be very cool and something that I have been looking for for a long time.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #137 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
Yes, in RC2 you can choose the newsletters for registration in the backend : plugins -> yanc -> parameters (multi-clickable list of all newsletters visible there)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 4 months ago #185 by crash777
Replied by crash777 on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
You can subscribe/unsubscribe in the profile page and when you first register, you can also subscribe!

18 years 4 months ago #186 by lw_d
Replied by lw_d on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
This gets better.

Thanks, you made my day.

18 years 4 months ago #299 by Kevin
Replied by Kevin on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
The YaNC plug in is fantastic. Here is a note on it though some others may be interested in. This bug is logged over at the joomla dev:

developer.joomla.org/sf/go/artf2182?nav=1

Its small, but worth mentioning that you should hide the YaNC subscribe module to users who are logged into your site. Why? You can not subscribe using YANC subscribe module if logged in through CB2. Some may ask why would you want to anyway. Response, is that if it is a feature on your site, then it should work, so its better to just remove it when logged in. To clarify, I'm talking about the YaNC subscribe module that is unrelated the the CB2 tab for YaNC.

I hope this helps someone else. Everything else on YaNC and CB2 is killer.

- kevin

18 years 4 months ago #480 by joomladude
Replied by joomladude on topic Re:Yanc subscribe
Hi Guys,
I've found the following code on a discussion forum and it hides the module when a person is logged in as a member and it really works:

You will need to create a module position that only displays if a user is not logged in. You can use the '$my->gid', variable to do it. In the backend, create a position that you want to use for this (I'll use 'notlogged' here).

Now insert the following code into your template where you want the Yanc module to be displayed.

[code:1]<?php if ( (mosCountModules( 'notlogged' ) > 0) and ($my->gid =='0') ) { ?>
<table > Any appropriate html here for your template
<tr>
<td>
<?php mosLoadModules ( 'notlogged' ); ?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<?php }; ?> [/code:1]

Now go to backend and change the Yanc module's posigion to "notlogged". And that's all.

All the credit goes to "Gram" from Mambo Portal Team.

E.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.807 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn