SMF 1.1 RC1.

18 years 4 months ago #1460 by atelier
Replied by atelier on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
basic612 wrote:

We're looking for this functionality too and are about to embark on coding it ourselves. Reviewing posts on the SMF forums it seems that there is little interest or respect for CB from their end. :angry:

I agree that a solution outside of one sponsored, or even acknowledged, by Simple Machines is probably the best hope for this integration. I have attempted to engage the SMF folks for a couple months now, and for whatever reason there is an intense reluctance to touch this subject.

I can't contribute on a coding level, but I encourage anyone interested in this to pursue it. I'm happy to provide any other assistance in such areas as UI, beta testing, etc.

aka rwbplano

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 4 months ago #1482 by danz
Replied by danz on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
I built a site with SMF and is using CB. The large problem is SMF has lots of hardcoding in the script and templates directing to the internal profile/pm system. I would forsee a package that would need to be created and installed on teh SMF side to get this working with out searching and replacing code by hand :)

18 years 4 months ago #1564 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
I went over to the SMF 'support' forum to investigate this.

What I saw were topics being locked without even an explanation from admins.

When I asked about this, I was flamed big style by members of the forum, including mods!

All I did (after praising SMF and saying what good software it was) was suggest an explanation for topic locking might be useful, and suggested they think a little more aboutt he way potential users of the product were treated! :lol:

Needless to say, i'll stick with phpBB...

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

18 years 4 months ago #1568 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
That is why I suggested getting in touch with cowboy earlier in this thread. I am not sure if he is open to CB intigration but I can't imagine anyone being as close minded as the people over at the SMF forums. I believe that if anything meaningful is done with this idea it will have to come from the outside. The problem with that is when things come from the out side and are not supported, infact are openly ignored, then it is never as good as having internal support. So because of that I am watching phpBB very closly. The bridge / plugin has been developed, I am doing a little testing on a test server. There is still more that needs to be done but as I said the support looks way more promising on phpBB than on SMF. Their loss as for as I am concerned.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 4 months ago #1606 by RSM
Replied by RSM on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
G'day Tessider ...

>Needless to say, i'll stick with phpBB...

Do you have a CB/PhpBB combo working?

Like many people I suspect, I don't mind if it's PhpBB, SMF or anything else; as long as it's a more mature and better-featured product than JoomlaBoard.

[One day I must learn to spell]

:S

Post edited by: RSM, at: 2005/12/08 07:07

18 years 4 months ago #1608 by mavrik42
Replied by mavrik42 on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
martijn189 has a beta version of the phpbb plugin that is being tested in the developers board. He says he is close to a final release for us all :) So phpBB is the one I will be going with :)

Earn revenue from your site. From google adsense to adding the capability for users to have images smsed to there mobile phones covered. revenuedriven.com
The forums features a revenue sharing system utilizing google adsense, create a topic today to recieve adsense clicks :) Click Here to view the forum.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn