1 Login = multiple CB sites ??

18 years 4 months ago #1284 by hyperion
1 Login = multiple CB sites ?? was created by hyperion
Hi,

I've already done a dirty harcoded modification in registration (plus lostpassword and user modify) process of Mambo, and it's working :whistle: But, it's not (far from) a "state of art" component !!
:blush:

That's the point :

- A site "A" is "master" one and everybody is registering on it
- Sites "B" and "C" (on other domains but same server) are "slave" sites without any registration enabled (and lostpassword hidden ! In fact no user modification possible at all in slave sites).
- When registering as new user, the site "A" is storing the same datas into the 3 sites databases. So the user have the same login/password to log into the 3 sites...
- When the user ask for the "lostpassword" system in master site, the code synchronize (UPDATE) the 3 databases.
- Same way when the user is modifying his password through his interface

Well, that's working. But, now, I've discovered CB and my question is about to do the same process for 3 CB sites :sick:

Has anybody already done this kind of feature ??
Do you think I better have to learn the CB plugin techniques, and API, to try this ?

Regards
Hyperion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6975 by scubaguy
Replied by scubaguy on topic Re:1 Login = multiple CB sites ??
Hi Hyperion,

Would you be willing to share the code you have so far? I would be happy to take a look and see what I can come up with as I need the same functionality.

CB 3rd Party Developer
Web Geek Cafe - development and training www.webgeekcafe.org
YourTribe.com - group social events - www.yourtribe.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn