Conditions plugin

17 years 8 months ago #18235 by smeallum
Replied by smeallum on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Thank you very much, Mikko. I think you have already done your deal by making this plugin, sharing and listening to others suggestions & troubles :)

Unfortunately it doesn't solve my needs, but i am sure it helps a lot of users!!

Unfortunately i don't have nor the time nor the knowledge to modify your plugin(nor $$$), and i also have a lot of many other things to try to get ready for my soon to be online website. If i don't see an easier way of getting that functionality integrated into CB, i guess i'll end up loading one single dropdown in registration with all the cities of the world, in the format:

Country1 : City1
Country1 : City2
Country1 : City3
Country2 : City1
etc..

and storing that in one single field in the database :-(

After all, the more than 6000 cities just take a couple of seconds to load and fill a dropdown.

Not my ideal situation, but it will have to do, given my circumstances.

I'll keep subscribed to this thread just in case!!!

Thanks,
NiCo
;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 8 months ago #18378 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
I was going to a test phase with a site using conditions and noted that it is hard to tell if the patch has been done correctly or not. To help determine this, I wrote a small plugin.

Install this and publish it. If the patch is applied correctly, the plugin causes the php script to terminate (die) and outputs text telling that the patch is applied. After you get this, just unpublish the plugin.

mikko

Attachment test_patch.zip not found

Attachments:

17 years 8 months ago #18464 by ralex
Replied by ralex on topic Re:Conditions plugin
installed and got the patch successful ....

17 years 8 months ago #18795 by tofujoe
Replied by tofujoe on topic Re:Conditions plugin
2 questions:

1. The test-patch should alert you immediately after you publish it? Or do you have to access a profile from the front end. I downloaded the latest version of comprofiler.html.php from your server, published the test_patch and nothing happened.

2.From reading this lengthy post, I believe that the Conditions plugin will not do what I want but please correct me if I am wrong. If I wanted the user to select a state in order for a list of cities to appear in another field, this plugin could do that. But, if I wanted the user to select the city in order for the correct state to appear in another field, this plugin will not work. In other words, the plugin can help you drill down but not drill up.

17 years 8 months ago #18815 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
1) You will get a message the first time you want to edit a profile

2) Yes, you cannot drill up. You can use this plugin as a template for writing a lugn of your own.

mikko

17 years 7 months ago #20927 by stehof
Replied by stehof on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Hi,

im pretty new to CB. I got one very important issue, since it questions my whole application that i want to build with CB.

How can i have the value of a field (doesnt matter if shown at registration or not) calculated?
I need an individual number public displayed for each profile. Not username but a number! So that people can identify a profile by its number.

Can i have the ID displayed? (seems that is not configurable in the lists management)
AND OR
can i create a field thats called e.g. "user_number" and fill that one with an autoincrement value??

i need help on that preety badly!

thx alot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.464 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn