Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 1 month ago #32307 by frighten
Replied by frighten on topic Re:Conditions plugin
Continuing on this thread…

I finally managed to install this plugin and got it working almost perfect.
I also applied the two hacks that p9939068 posted earlier on this page to get rid of the problem with non visible required fields and updating of fields. Now it works even more perfect.

But two new problems appears when using CB 1.0.2 (comprofiler.php 604 2006-11-23)

1. When entering the registration page All fields are by default visible until I make a choice in the first field. This doesn´t look good because I use several condition fields, and all sub-conditions are visible by default until the first pick.
2. My final condition field is set to Non-required in the Backend. At the registration there is no icon that tells it is a required field witch is correct, but still this field becomes required.

Now… since I had some courses in Java some years ago, I tried to correct these two bugs with no success.

Hopefully there is someone with a solution out there?!

Thanks
Andy

17 years 1 month ago #32370 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
The real problem with this plugin is that the code is really a mess. The right thing to do would be to rewrite a big part of it than trying to fix the current imlementation.

I tried to fix some bugs a while ago, but it only made things worse.

Unfortunately this plugin has been droppen in my priority, since it is not needed on a site that I am currently working on, and it works on another site where it is supposed to work. However, if someone has some developer resources, I am more than happy to help fixing this code.

mikko

17 years 1 month ago #32375 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
I think because of the multiple and almost limitless combinations of conditions a site may have, the current state of the conditions plugin is the most "perfect", in the sense that it's simple and easy to edit to suit more complex requirements.

However, what we really need is to have this capability included in the generic CB installation. That will be the best.

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

17 years 1 month ago #32407 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Conditions plugin
p9939068 wrote:

I think because of the multiple and almost limitless combinations of conditions a site may have, the current state of the conditions plugin is the most "perfect", in the sense that it's simple and easy to edit to suit more complex requirements.

It would be a lot more simple if most of the JS would be moved to scripts.js and dynamically generated JS would only be used to define some arrays which contains the configuration for the conditions.

If I work with this plugin anymore, this is the next thing to be done.

However, what we really need is to have this capability included in the generic CB installation. That will be the best.

That would be the best, but I doubt that it will happen any time soon since there are so many other feature requests. Also, if this was in core, it probably should be implemented so that it would work without JS. And this would require quite a bit of changes.

Mikko

17 years 1 month ago #32436 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Conditions plugin
I doubt it will ever work without JS, especially the part where it hide/show the field. DOM or AJAX all require JS. Maybe have it such that registration is disabled if JS is disabled on the browser?

Mike Feng
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.410 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn