Just released ajax driven radius member search

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #201661 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Just released ajax driven radius member search
Sorry, i totally missed the obvious Radius search ;-) Maybe because of the related field display.

How do you get the viewers location data? Registered users might have the proper location fields and/or a geocoded info... but guests do not. I mean, you must have something to compare with the selected city...

BTW, i tried my hometown, and there are really strange entries in the select. Where did you get those from?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #201663 by sfraise
You don't need the viewer's location, they just enter country -> state/province -> number of miles from -> city

11 years 10 months ago #201664 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: Just released ajax driven radius member search

sfraise wrote: You don't need the viewer's location, they just enter country -> state/province -> number of miles from -> city

o.k. makes sense (maybe I am a little bit tired)
But how are the results calculated? Only from long/lat values?

BTW: The german terms with special characters are trimmed. Example: "Thüringen" becomes "Th"

11 years 10 months ago #201670 by sfraise
yeah it takes the country/city and gets the zip then calculates by lat and long what other zips fall within the radius.

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #202442 by SHADOWSKY
Seems to be nice...

I'm looking for a search module where I can specify which fields to search on.
But it must be compatible with CB 1.8 and Joomla 2.5

Is your module working for me?

11 years 7 months ago #209691 by KiowaDesign
Replied by KiowaDesign on topic Re: Just released ajax driven radius member search
25$...
this price is not hot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.306 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn