File Field upload on custom form

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #208544 by theblugroup
File Field upload on custom form was created by theblugroup
I am working on adding a Ajax File Field upload field to a custom registration form using CB form fields, and am having a hard time connecting the custom form file to the backend manage area. The form fields are first added through the Joomla CMS in the CB Field Management area, then the field ids are added to the comprofiler default.php file.

As I didn't build the original form, I've had to stumble my way through adding the new input fields. All the other new fields that I added are working as they should - the form submits, sends the registration e-mail, and the information shows up correctly in the backend manage area (without the new upload field in place). However, I'm unsure of how to add and connect the upload file field to the backend.

Ultimately, I want the field I created in the backend (and works as it should on user profiles once someone is signed up) to be able to upload files on the custom registration form and those files to show up on a users profile page. Here is the code that I have in the custom registration form (default.php file) that I need to connect to the backend.
<label for="cb_referencesfile__file"></label>
                                    <input type="file" name="cb_treferencesfile__file" id="cb_referencesfile__file" class="inputbox">

Any ideas as to how I can get this up and running correctly?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #208728 by theblugroup
Replied by theblugroup on topic Re: File Field upload on custom form
Anyone have any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn