CB Auto Actions help

10 years 10 months ago #229215 by enventive
CB Auto Actions help was created by enventive
I've been trying since purchase of the module to get it configured for a fairly simple task with no luck. Please advise:

I'm using Joomla 2.5, with CB v 1.9, and auto actions v 3.1.3

The goal is to allow users, upon registration --OR-- registered and confirmed users, upon editing their profiles...to supply a password that will automatically add a ACL access group to their account allowing them access to premium membership downloads.

I configured an additional field in the field manager for cb_accesskey, type text, attached it to registration and their profile and published it.
Next, I created an new auto action type UserGroup, with triggers"onAfterUserRegistration,onAfterUserUpdate,onAfterUserConfirm", type "User", allowed public and registered access, set the conditions to cb_accesskey = string, set mode add Usergroups to "premium members".

Upon registering or after editing the profile and supplying the correct string...nothing happens!

Please help

Steve
steve.adams@enventive.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229221 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB Auto Actions help

enventive wrote: I've been trying since purchase of the module to get it configured for a fairly simple task with no luck. Please advise:

I'm using Joomla 2.5, with CB v 1.9, and auto actions v 3.1.3

The goal is to allow users, upon registration --OR-- registered and confirmed users, upon editing their profiles...to supply a password that will automatically add a ACL access group to their account allowing them access to premium membership downloads.

I configured an additional field in the field manager for cb_accesskey, type text, attached it to registration and their profile and published it.
Next, I created an new auto action type UserGroup, with triggers"onAfterUserRegistration,onAfterUserUpdate,onAfterUserConfirm", type "User", allowed public and registered access, set the conditions to cb_accesskey = string, set mode add Usergroups to "premium members".

Upon registering or after editing the profile and supplying the correct string...nothing happens!

Please help

Steve
steve.adams@enventive.com

Where did you purchase this from?

It is not offered as a single purchase item - it is only available to Professional members and you do not appear to be one.

10 years 10 months ago #229223 by enventive
Replied by enventive on topic CB Auto Actions help
I purchased it from www.joomladownloads.co.za

Upon updating the version of CB from your site, I tried to achieve my solution with another plugin from them:
www.joomladownloads.co.za/downloads/item/community-builder-auto-assign-acl-group.html

While installing and configuring it, I actually got configuration help from a live chat user on your site.

10 years 10 months ago #229224 by enventive
Replied by enventive on topic CB Auto Actions help
The original extension I purchased is listed in the Joomla Extension directory:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-profiles/18926?

The developer's site is here:
www.alamosys.com/

It says that the plugin is available via a VIP membership to www.joomladownloads.co.za

Within that site is also available:
www.joomladownloads.co.za/downloads/item/cb-auto-actions-3.html

10 years 10 months ago #229225 by nant

enventive wrote: I purchased it from www.joomladownloads.co.za

Not us - nor are we associated with this site.

Upon updating the version of CB from your site, I tried to achieve my solution with another plugin from them:
www.joomladownloads.co.za/downloads/item/community-builder-auto-assign-acl-group.html

While installing and configuring it, I actually got configuration help from a live chat user on your site.

Live chat user from our site?

I doubt it.

10 years 10 months ago #229226 by nant

enventive wrote: The original extension I purchased is listed in the Joomla Extension directory:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-profiles/18926?

The developer's site is here:
www.alamosys.com/

It says that the plugin is available via a VIP membership to www.joomladownloads.co.za

Within that site is also available:
www.joomladownloads.co.za/downloads/item/cb-auto-actions-3.html

Well, we have no whatsoever relationship with this establishment - it appears that they are selling other peoples products.

You should really never trust such sites and I personally avoid installing anything I download from such people as you have no idea what and if the code has been tampered with.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn