cb connect - wrong facebook id

9 years 1 month ago #260401 by agenziae20
cb connect - wrong facebook id was created by agenziae20
Hallo,

using cb connect 6.0.4, it correctly retrieves first name, last name, email, but wrong facebook id so it can't also find a user photo.
I tried with different facebook users, same issue all the time.
Any hint how to solve it?

Regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago #260408 by nant
Replied by nant on topic cb connect - wrong facebook id

agenziae20 wrote: Hallo,

using cb connect 6.0.4, it correctly retrieves first name, last name, email, but wrong facebook id so it can't also find a user photo.
I tried with different facebook users, same issue all the time.
Any hint how to solve it?

Regards.

No idea - please login with your Professional membership account and post this on the Professional support forums.

9 years 1 month ago #260411 by agenziae20
Replied by agenziae20 on topic cb connect - wrong facebook id
Hi Nick,

unfortunately I can't do it, since my membership expired 3 hours ago! :(

Regards.

9 years 1 month ago #260418 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic cb connect - wrong facebook id
It's not possible for it to retrieve the wrong Facebook ID. It's not cached and it's sent directly by Facebook. The ID is directly used to pull profile data. So the data is always in relation to the ID. You do not map the users photo. CB Connect will do this automatically for the Avatar field. The mapping for profile image is just the URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 1 month ago #260427 by agenziae20
Replied by agenziae20 on topic cb connect - wrong facebook id
Hi Kyle,

what can I say? It looks strange to me too!
I did some tests and set "pre-fill" mode and create 3 temp cb fields (temp identifier, temp photo url, temp profile url) so I can see straight in registration form what it grabs.

This is what I get:

Identifier: [IDcode]
fb photo url: graph.facebook.com/[IDcode]/picture?width=150&height=150
fb profile url: www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/[IDcode]/

Photo url and Profile url work but are just redirections to real URLs.

[IDcode] is not the Facebook user numeric ID, so this link
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=[IDcode]
doesn't work.

You can find such link at the end of the registration form and inside CB user profile, they should be corrected.

Maybe there is some masking performed by facebook?

If you want to try yourself I can give you my registration page link.

Anyway Avatar is not retrieved.

Regards.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn