plugin print profile?

16 years 8 months ago #41014 by Pepinis
plugin print profile? was created by Pepinis
I Wish, who each tab of my profile page can be send to print, bony it has an icon of the printer, and until of power being even sent by email or in format pdf. Its possible that? As serious plugin?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #41075 by Pepinis
Replied by Pepinis on topic Re:plugin print profile?
:(

16 years 8 months ago #41131 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:plugin print profile?
Thanks for the feature request, contributions welcome :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #41177 by cryptonita
Replied by cryptonita on topic Re:plugin print profile?
Im on the same looking, but im cant match with it!

16 years 3 months ago #53016 by cvoogt
Replied by cvoogt on topic Re:plugin print profile? ... CSS Solution
I have spent a long time looking for a way to print my CB profiles, and have settled on using CSS to solve this for me.

I needed to print my CB profiles to use them as address labels. I had already set up my site's main Joomla template so it has printable CSS, essentially turning off most of the graphics so only the content gets printed. On some sites I have also created a special logo that only shows when printing, and it is also possible to display the URLs used in links so that info gets displayed in parentheses after a link (so you can still know what something linked to, even when it's printed!). I won't get into all that here, but wanted to point out the possibilities.

You do not need to rely on Joomla's print icons to create printable content ... you can use the browser's built-in Print function by using CSS.

So for example, add this to your main Joomla CSS file:
[code:1]
@media print {
/* style sheet for CB print goes here */
}
[/code:1]

Then just create CSS styles for what you want to override.
In my case this is all I use:

@media print{
#accessibility,#header,#header2,#navlinks,#banner,#leftcol,#rightcol-normal,#rightcol-broad,#search,#pathway img{display:none;}
.inputbox{border:none!important;}
}
[/code:1]

You get the idea - I turned off everything but the content (even including images, which may be overkill for some folks). The inputbox class is for the CB profile fields, so when they print they have no border around them.

The CSS for your site will obviously be different. You'd probably want to turn off a few more things so ONLY the profile prints, cleanly. I didn't need that in my case.

I think a good approach for printing CB Profile tabs could be to incorporate the above printable CSS in your CB template CSS, so the rest of the site's printable CSS can be different from your CB profile print settings. Then, add a nice little print icon in a good location of the CB Profile on each tab (or above the profile tabs) which links to the javascript code for Print ... "window.print();". This invokes the browser's Print command and then your printable CSS is used. If you've tailored it to print only the CB profile tab, that's all that will print. You can even style it to use big fonts for printing, etc.

Here's a good starting point for using printable CSS:

www.alistapart.com/stories/goingtoprint/

I hope this will help some of you. It won't allow you to print all profile tabs at once, and I do hope a plugin gets made for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: natbarre

15 years 11 months ago #60317 by jfox77
Replied by jfox77 on topic Re:plugin print profile?
I wanted to be able to print a nice profile from the front end without all of the rest of the site elements showing up. I took the advice from above and made another style sheet that is used for printing only. Here's my code in case it helps anyone!

body {
background: white;
font-size:12pt;
color:#000000;
}

#topbar, .footer, .sidebar, #cbtab11, #cbtab11 h2.tab, h2.tab{
display: none !important;
}

.contentheading, #cbProfileTitle {
text-align:center;
font-size:16pt;