plugin print profile?

12 years 11 months ago #161885 by ligtasna
Replied by ligtasna on topic Re: plugin print profile?
Yes I also need to print the list of my users as a report. is there such as print plugin for CB?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161887 by cvoogt
Replied by cvoogt on topic Re: plugin print profile?
If all you need to do is print, why not print a CB List? As long as you have set up your site CSS with a print-friendly CSS file, it should do just fine. You can use that to turn off all page elements but the content area, for example. You can even make a nice big friendly "Print" icon using JavaScript's window.print() method, but using the browser's built-in print function would work too. I don't see how a plugin's really needed for this ..

12 years 11 months ago #162202 by ArchiMike
Replied by ArchiMike on topic Re: plugin print profile?
Well I´d like to use the data that the users fill in as a basis for a year book.

So CB would be a data source to create a readers digest/yearbook that gets printed once a year.

I want to make the users responsible for their own data entries, and not having to deal with countless emails and faxes and letters with information that needs to be reviewed and lectored and in the end will still be a source for constant errors.

So, extracting all the necessary information from CB or any other application that does something similar is the goal.

It would be very, very neat, though to have a button that would let the user print their profile in pdf, to e.g. attach it to an email as a resume.

12 years 11 months ago #162218 by ligtasna
Replied by ligtasna on topic Re: plugin print profile?
tnx cvoogt.. I see now and I found a plug-in that actually does what ur saying.. i'm using it right now :lol:

dioscouri.com/index.php?option=com_ambrasubs&controller=file&task=view&categoryid=55&id=128&Itemid=502
The following user(s) said Thank You: natbarre

12 years 11 months ago #162232 by cvoogt
Replied by cvoogt on topic Re: plugin print profile?
interesting-looking plugin, will try it. What I was talking about involved creating a print.css file and using that to basically hide all page elements you don't want printed. That's been my technique in the past.

12 years 11 months ago #162305 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re: plugin print profile? | seperate component
You might create a userlist with all desired information.
You can append the following variables to any URL. Also, you should open the URL/menuitem in a new window...

HERE_YOUR_CB_LIST_URL&tmpl=component

this will show the component area. So, you don´t have to hide 90% of the unwanted site parts with CSS ;)

HERE_YOUR_CB_LIST_URL&tmpl=component&print=1

I guess, this will also use the special print CSS file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn