SMF vs joomlaboard

18 years 2 months ago #5896 by procreate
SMF vs joomlaboard was created by procreate
is there a big difference in integration between the two with CB RC2? i am currently running joomlaboard but it seems kind of "light" on features and feel. i was over at joomla.org and the simpleboard they are running seems so much nicer.

does SMF run well with CB? and is it easy to move from joomlaboard to SMF?

Post edited by: procreate, at: 2006/02/09 07:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5907 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:simpleboard vs joomlaboard
Oh, that's not Simple/Joomlaboard running the forum at Joomla.org. That's SMF (Simple Machines Forum). Joomlaboard is just the rebranding of Simpleboard.

You can find it at www.simplemachines.org/

A couple bridges have been developed to bind users in both systems, but none have been shown to work with CB RC2. If you're interested in taking in a Joomla/CB/SMF history long enough to write a book, a few of the forum threads here and at SMF and at the Joomla 3PD forums chronicle it quite thoroughly.

But there's hope. Joomla 1.1 will feature user bots that'll apparently make the task of binding user sessions on two systems a whole lot easier.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

18 years 2 months ago #5910 by procreate
Replied by procreate on topic Re:simpleboard vs joomlaboard
i just realized this and was coming to change this thread title...

so as of right now there is no SMF "bridge" thingie for users on joomla/CB?

18 years 2 months ago #5913 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:SMF vs joomlaboard
Not yet, but there are quite a few Joomlapolitans looking for it to happen.

Last time I checked, the SMF gurus were generally more keen on making efforts to develop bridges for more content management systems. They also have plugins that add functionality to their user base similar to CB (Buddies, new fields, etc.).

I do recall that geeffland here on the forums mentioned that he was interested in developing an SMF bridge that works with CB, but he's busy with (successfully) bridging phpBB (another bulletin board) as well.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn