Sort user list by name

18 years 4 months ago #852 by rick
Sort user list by name was created by rick
My site is a closed site and we all know each other by name so in all cases where there is a list of people the list is displayed by Name not user name. When a user wants to send a PM through myPMS enhanced the list that is displayed is displayed by name but is sorted by user name. Does anyone know how to set the display to be sorted by name instead of username.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #866 by beat
Replied by beat on topic PMS Enhanced: Re:Sort user list by name
This is really a PMS enhanced problem...

Maybe somebody knowing this component can reply ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 months ago #871 by rick
Thanks Beat, I knew that it had nothing to do with CB in particular but the support here is very good so I thought I would ask. The support at the myPMS enhanced site is all German and I do not speak a word of German so was hoping with this vast knowledge base that someone here might have solved the problem already.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #931 by beat
rick wrote:

Thanks Beat, I knew that it had nothing to do with CB in particular but the support here is very good so I thought I would ask. The support at the myPMS enhanced site is all German and I do not speak a word of German so was hoping with this vast knowledge base that someone here might have solved the problem already.

Hope somebody will answer you soon (I'm "under water", or more precisely snow right now :D ).

Thank you also to you for the great support you are giving to other users in this forum. Our team really appreciate your help, and other users' helps, as this gives us a little more time to develop.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 months ago #956 by rick
Thank you and the team for an awesome product. I am only trying to pitch in where I can. I am still kind of new to both Joomla and CB but if I have the answer I like to share. If we all answer just one question each the entire community will benifit. ;)

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/11/30 08:21

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #1059 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:PMS Enhanced: Re:Sort user list by name
Sorry that I can't help on this problem, but uddeIM users who have that problem can solve it as described below.

If you run the Buddies Come First plugin, just apply the following changes to the userlist.plugin.php file to be found in your uddeim directory:

Around line #45, change
[code:1]$sql="SELECT a.referenceid, a.memberid, b.id, b.username FROM #__comprofiler_members AS a, #__users AS b WHERE a.memberid=".$my->id." AND b.id=a.referenceid ORDER BY b.username";[/code:1]
to
[code:1]$sql="SELECT a.referenceid, a.memberid, b.id, b.name, b.username FROM #__comprofiler_members AS a, #__users AS b WHERE a.memberid=".$my->id." AND b.id=a.referenceid ORDER BY b.name";[/code:1]

Around line #52, change
[code:1] document.sendeform.to_name.value='".$row->username."';\">".$row->username." ";[/code:1]
to
[code:1] document.sendeform.to_name.value='".$row->username."';\">".$row->name." ";[/code:1]

Around line #335, change
[code:1]$sql="SELECT username FROM #__users WHERE block<1 ORDER BY username";[/code:1]
to
[code:1]$sql="SELECT name, username FROM #__users WHERE block<1 ORDER BY name";[/code:1]

and finally around line #342, change
[code:1]$allnames.=">".$row->username."</option>";[/code:1]
to
[code:1]$allnames.=">".$row->name."</option>";[/code:1]

Post edited by: benjamin, at: 2005/12/01 15:59

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn