Decimal Fieldtype

15 years 4 weeks ago #92944 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
When you create a new integer field type, there is an "Authorized input" parameter to limit to only a specific perl expression. No need for additional plugins.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 weeks ago #93134 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
OK, I have created an installable decimal field type plugin that creates a double MySQL data type. It has a maximum and minimum limit like the integer field type and another parameter that allows you do define how many decimal places you can have.

It seems to be working very well and I am happy to upload it to the forum if anyone is interested. Or better I could add it to the directory if I can be granted access. ;)

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

15 years 3 weeks ago #93234 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
I have submitted it to the directory and you can download it here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,391/Itemid,55/

Feel free to post comments or suggestions.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

14 years 4 months ago #119734 by mactic
Replied by mactic on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
Nice...

... but when I use it as a search-field I get this error:
[code:1]Notice: cbSqlQueryPart::_sqlQuoteValueType: ERROR_UNKNOWN_TYPE: const:double in /home/xxxxxxxx/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 2441[/code:1]

Do I have to change plugin.class.php ?

14 years 4 months ago #119840 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
That's a small bug in this plugin:

if you use const:float type instead of const:double in your plugin for the searches it should work.

Database can still be of type double.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 3 weeks ago #196432 by Pilly57
Replied by Pilly57 on topic Re:Decimal Fieldtype
But you aren't going to tell anyone how to access it, are you Nick!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn