Marital Status Authorbot Hack

18 years 3 weeks ago #9266 by Red1000
Marital Status Authorbot Hack was created by Red1000
I wanted to know if it would be hard to change the authorbot or similar module to display the username of the person you are in a relationship with, so that the username redirects you to the relevant user page when clicked... so that people can enter the username of their significant other, and have it recognized by the system much like the authorbot does with articles.

Joomla 1.0.8 + CB Stable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 weeks ago #9288 by ccdog
Replied by ccdog on topic Re:Marital Status Authorbot Hack
I'm trying to understand what it is that you want here.

Currently, CBAuthorBot changes the "Written By" line of an article and makes the name link to the user's CB profile.

Do you want it to say something like,

"Written By UserA - in a relationship with UserB"

where UserA is a link to UserA's profile and UserB is a link to UserB's profile?

18 years 3 weeks ago #9289 by Red1000
Replied by Red1000 on topic Re:Marital Status Authorbot Hack
Let's say there is a form field in a user's profile where they can add the username of their significant other... and then have the name of their significant other show up in their profile, with a hyperlink to their page...

I brought up the authorbot mod because it recognized the username and automatically hyperlinked it, so I didn't know if it could be slightly modded to do this.

:)

Joomla 1.0.8 + CB Stable

18 years 3 weeks ago #9295 by ccdog
Replied by ccdog on topic Re:Marital Status Authorbot Hack
OK, I see. I'm not sure how you would accomplish that. I know that it is possible, but I don't know the CB Plugin API well enough to tell you for sure.

Maybe someone who is more of an expert could tell us :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn