CB 2.0 ideas discussions

13 years 11 months ago #130772 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
With registration set to no automatic (requiring approval) there is a problem with the state of a user.
By default a new user gets into pending state. But there is no option for administrator to set the state to disapproved. Only approving is possible.
This does not make sense. The only solution would be to approve a user, which means sending him the approval mail and then disapproving him. Doesnt make sense either.

Also it is not a solution to put the user on block, as this is the default setting. It must be possible to put a user into disapprove state with one mouseclick.

It should be done in a way, that both, approval and disapproval trigger an automatic email. In case of disapproval it should be some kind of predefined emails with predefined reasons from which admin can choose.

Post edited by: KatoKalin, at: 2010/04/21 01:59

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131050 by snate80
Replied by snate80 on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
For those of us dealing with finances in our CB database,

1. A currency field (eg. $125.55)
2. Any funcitionality that allows us to create modules that draw on financial data contained within the database a perform calucatlations for individual CB users
3. The ability to construct charts and graphs from numerical fields contained within the database.

Cheers,
N.

13 years 11 months ago #131081 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB 2.0 ideas discussions
Great ideas in here ! Loving it !

Gives us fuel for even more ideas and possible uses

We are trying to incorporate as much as possible of them into upcoming CB 2.0. :)

Thread is not closed, we are listening. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 10 months ago #131705 by KatoKalin
Self updating userlist
You always have to manually update the userlist in the backend to see if there are new registrations. It should update itself ajax-like.

More flexible image fields
I would like to set for each image field seperately if the user can generally upload, upload on registration, use the gallery etc.

More security
It would be good to be able to better secure uploaded content. This could be done by defining an additionally secure path, which is for example only accessibly by administrators.
In my case I would like to have a path, where user uploaded content is stored, but which is only accessible for administrators from the backend. So it cant be accessed by typing it into the browser for regular user.

More administration for users
I am missing an access level "self" for fields that are only visible for the owner of the profile.

More layot flexibility from frontend for users
There is this JSPACES component: ninjademos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=68

It gives users the ability to style their own profiles to their likes. So every single profile looks different. That would be awesome. Users could set colours, backgrounds etc.

13 years 10 months ago #131806 by KatoKalin
Watermarks for media protection. Should cover (optionally choosen by admin) avatars, galleries, etc.

13 years 10 months ago #132171 by KatoKalin
Security, security, security.
I am under the impression that data security will be a major key factor in the future. I have no special request to make here. But there should be additional efforts to make CB secure against involuntary disclosure of userdata by the user himself, more privacy options to control who is allowed to view userdata and against automated crawling of userdata by spiders.
As data entered or uploaded by users can be quite sensitive all efforts should be made to increase security.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn