Re:You are not authorized to view this page

13 years 4 months ago #146052 by jordanw
Hi there

This is quite a strange one. I have created a login for a client and sent them the login details. They then came back to me saying they receive a message with just "You are not authorized to view this page!" and nothing else.

I firstly used their login details I just sent them and logged in without a hitch. I tried it on IE, Firefox and chrome and I could log in fine in all of them but the client could not.

Just to make sure I then tried it on a computer with a completely different internet connection and it worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jordan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146066 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this page
That error is generally from Joomla. It means he's trying to access something he doesn't have permissions to. Please check that CBs Joomla mandatory menu link is public and published. If it's working fine for you then no reason it shouldn't for him. Doesn't matter about location.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #146100 by jordanw
Replied by jordanw on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this page
I've checked and double checked the settings and they are all fine.

I have asked a number of people to try those login details that have never been to the site and they can log in fine, so I'm going to assume they are doing something strange on there end.

The error they are getting matches a string from the CB language file, that is why I thought it was a CB problem.

I have attached a screen just for a reference.

Thanks,

Jordan

Post edited by: jordanw, at: 2010/11/12 12:35
Attachments:

13 years 4 months ago #146106 by nant
And what URL is in your browser when you see this error?

13 years 4 months ago #146107 by jordanw
Replied by jordanw on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this page
Sh404sef is installed so it is:

<domain>/log-yourself-in.html

and the non sef:

<domain>/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&Itemid=39&lang=en&task=login

13 years 4 months ago #146118 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this page
Your problem is this 〈=en. That's not a valid URL parameter and is not URL encoded so it's causing the URL to fail. I don't know what you have installed that is adding it, but please disable and try again to see if working. Please also check that your Joomla CB menu link is public and published. This menu link is mandatory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn