create a link to the component?

13 years 4 months ago #146167 by gummarith
Replied by gummarith on topic Re:create a link to the component?
You're right...sorry

There're 2 different mod_menu

1 for registered (linking to contents).
1 for special (linking to different contents).
Both have the same users' list link.

They are published in the same position and assigned to the famous "only one"...

When I click on an username link in the users'list, both mod_menu are displayed (if you're logged in as special of course).

So...is there any way to avoid this behaviour?
Thank you....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146261 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:create a link to the component?

So...is there any way to avoid this behaviour?

Yes, have only 1 link. Aside from that, no. This is how menu links work. You can try having 1 link that is public and published to CB profiles (says mandatory when creating it) and the profile links should use its Itemid instead of that of the userlist.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/15 17:59

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146357 by gummarith
Replied by gummarith on topic Re:create a link to the component?
krileon wrote:
You can try having 1 link that is public and published to CB profiles (says mandatory when creating it) and the profile links should use its Itemid instead of that of the userlist.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/15 17:59[/quote]

What you mean for profile links?
The users lists? The links in the userlist's names? Or the profile edit? The user profile?!

I know you deal with this matters everyday but for me is really difficult if you name things differently from given ones....

Would you explain me better? Thanks...

13 years 4 months ago #146380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:create a link to the component?
The links are as follows.

Userlist:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userslist

Profile View:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler

Profile Edit:
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userDetails

All are different and how Joomla works is based off Itemid. So for instance links to Profile View (when you click a user) on Userlist will look for Profile View menu link for its Itemid. If there isn't one it will use the Itemid for the Userlist menu link, which you do NOT want.

I don't understand what you're trying to do, but has nothing to do with CB. Joomla handles the menus and its Itemid usage. I recommend reading up on Joomlas documentation found here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn