changing default language to another??Please hlp.

13 years 7 months ago #140459 by vedtam
Hi,

I know the rules, and before posting this thread I did some researching on the subject. But after several hours of searching I did not find a satisfying answer.

I have found the language plugin I needed (romanian). I managed to set it up (it is present in the plugin list), but english is still the default, and I found no way to change it. I have changed joomla's default language too, and still nothing. Than I tried to overwrite the default_language.php and default_language.xml with the new language core files but in this case I end up with a blank screen.

So could somone help me out to change CB's default language??

Regards,
vedtam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #140487 by vedtam
somone...please!:)

13 years 7 months ago #140492 by nant
A properly constructed CB Language file will automatically be activated when Joomla language extension is set as default in backend.

For instructions about CB Language file preparation please read sticky available in language forum.

13 years 7 months ago #141939 by masky007
yes please some more explanation on this... i translated what i needed to translate on my language and nothing happens.. i tried remove the default language trough ftp and name my language as default but nothing was translated - instead names as the titles are writen in the backend i.e. _CONNECTIONS_BLABLA (on the frontend) and so on.. please for help

13 years 7 months ago #141950 by nant
masky007 wrote:

yes please some more explanation on this... i translated what i needed to translate on my language and nothing happens.. i tried remove the default language trough ftp and name my language as default but nothing was translated - instead names as the titles are writen in the backend i.e. _CONNECTIONS_BLABLA (on the frontend) and so on.. please for help

Who told you to remove the default_language?

PLEASE STUDY THIS POST:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,138619/catid,131/

and read all the relevant information it leads to in order to properly construct your language file.

You should really not modify anything you find in the default_language folder (which contains english language default strings). IF YOU DO YOU WILL LOSE THESE MODIFICATIONS THE NEXT TIME YOU UPGRADE CB.

To modify strings in english you need to first install the english language plugin (follow post link given previously) and make modifications to its files.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn