Community Builder with Google Analytics

13 years 9 months ago #137780 by ronniecross
Community Builder with Google Analytics was created by ronniecross
Hi, I'm looking to setup google analytics to track registrations as a goal, I've found instructions on how to do it with Joomla, but are there different instructions for a community builder registration form?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137880 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Community Builder with Google Analytics
ronniecross wrote:

Hi, I'm looking to setup google analytics to track registrations as a goal, I've found instructions on how to do it with Joomla, but are there different instructions for a community builder registration form?

Believe you'll need a CB plugin which handles this as Joomla and CB use different registration processes. You may want to search Joomla.org for such a plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #138148 by ronniecross
Replied by ronniecross on topic Re:Community Builder with Google Analytics
hmmm, having searched high and low, I have been unsuccessful in finding anything but a seperate analytics package, which has a plugin to track registrations, which is fine, however;

- With the introduction of google adwords' Cost per Conversion advertising, it is crutial for this to be possible in Google Analytics specifically.
- With the popularity of both CB and Google Analytics, I can't imagine that nobody has managed this,
- If indeed Community Builder is not capable of this, is it possible to use the standard Joomla login procedure, but to still use Community Builder for logged in users? (this option would be a shame, but a last resort)
- If not, CB is not as strong as it makes out, which will be realised when the popularity of Cost per. Conversion exceeds, and CB will have to up it's game.

I don't want a tool which limits what I can do... it defeats the objective.

13 years 8 months ago #138233 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Community Builder with Google Analytics

is it possible to use the standard Joomla login procedure, but to still use Community Builder for logged in users?

No.

If not, CB is not as strong as it makes out, which will be realised when the popularity of Cost per. Conversion exceeds, and CB will have to up it's game.

It's not CBs responsibility to integrate every 3rd party possibility or extension. It can easily be done with a CB plugin and usage of googles API. There are triggers in CB that allow this such as onAfterLogin. See tutorials within my signature for further information on trigger usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn