customizing CB Login module

13 years 8 months ago #139527 by dugdogg
customizing CB Login module was created by dugdogg
i'm using a template with their own custom login module. i like the style and usability of it but want to add more registration fields to the register button.

i've installed community builder 1.2.3 but am not sure how to modify the CB login module to make JUST the register button look and act like the template's own login module just with additional registration fields that i added.

i've disabled joomla's original login module also.

it can be viewed at

www.stubdug.com/joomla/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #139646 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:customizing CB Login module
CB doesn't support lightbox JS usage of the registration form. It might be possible to do it using &format=component parameter in an iframe URL to get the same look, but also maintain CBs registration page. This is something you'd need to develop your self or discuss with the developer of your extension to be added. Example of your own registration page component display as follows.

www.stubdug.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&format=component

Notice it's strictly just the registration page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #139732 by dugdogg
Replied by dugdogg on topic Re:customizing CB Login module
ok, so the register button would just go to a direct URL. so i'd need to keep the extension login module activated and the CB login module as well?

what about the login button? using the extension it would use the joomla user management i believe, but using the CB registration would use the CB user management.

is there any way to get this all to work together?

13 years 8 months ago #139774 by krileon
Don't know what to tell you. Bottom line is CB requires CB login and registration processes. You can NOT use Joomlas or your users WILL go out of sync forcing you to manually synchronize users basically every day. How you approach providing said login or registration processes is up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #140270 by nekko
Replied by nekko on topic Re:customizing CB Login module
i too have such a setup on a template im using for my site's redesign....kinda stompd my dreams that its not supported is there a reason y? are there any known hacks? will it be supported in the near future?

13 years 8 months ago #140317 by krileon

i too have such a setup on a template im using for my site's redesign....kinda stompd my dreams that its not supported is there a reason y?

Same reason any other extension has its own login. It's part of its internal process. Not using it will cause users to go out of sync, but again this is your choice.

are there any known hacks?

We do not support core hacks.

will it be supported in the near future?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn