login module - pre post text - language constants?

13 years 8 months ago #140000 by pepperstreet
Hello,
the help tooltip says, i can use language definitions in the pre/post text area. But it does not work for me. I do only get the raw text area output. HTML does work as expected. Am i missing something?

By the way, if lang constants work, do substitutions work as well?

Thanks for listening.

Post edited by: pepperstreet, at: 2010/08/14 23:29

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #140061 by krileon

the help tooltip says, i can use language definitions in the pre/post text area. But it does not work for me. I do only get the raw text area output. HTML does work as expected. Am i missing something?

You need to use a DEFINE. Example set the text to _UE_MYTEXT. Then within CBs language file add the following.

[code:1]
define( '_UE_MYTEXT', 'My Intro' );
[/code:1]

By the way, if lang constants work, do substitutions work as well?

No.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #140095 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:login module - pre post text - language constan
Yes, i know. I tried the user greeting constant. But the Pre/Post text areas of the cb_login does not replace it in the frontend.

For example, the output is this:

_UE_MYTEXT

13 years 8 months ago #140118 by krileon
Where are you putting your language definition at? It's working perfectly fine for me. They should be defined within your default CB language file. Please try the following and ensure it ouputs "Username".

_UE_USERNAME

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn