[SOLVED] Password Recovery

13 years 7 months ago #140435 by gilles9999
[SOLVED] Password Recovery was created by gilles9999
Excuse me,
After that I click recovery password I would like to see a message like:
"Username reminder sent to your email address xxx.xxx@mail.com. Please check your email (and if needed your spambox too)!"
Actually I don't see anything. Only the home page.

But How can I do? What I have to do?
I tried to search in the forum (some hours) and I found that I should modify the file:
components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php
But really I didn't understand how, and in wich point,

I would be very grateful if you help me,
thank you very much
Gilles

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/24 15:34

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #140541 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Password Recovery
Please switch to default Joomla template and try again, there is a message but more then likely your template is missing the all important message tag to render messages properly. That message can also be edited within CBs language plugins via language strings at components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/. As for the message tag, please consult with your templates developers and have them review other professional templates (or Joomlas default template) for examples.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #140597 by gilles9999
Replied by gilles9999 on topic Re:Password Recovery
Thank you very much now it works perfectly!

The part of template that I for got was:
<div id="<?php echo $showRightColumn ? 'main2' : 'main'; ?>">
<?php if ($this->getBuffer('message')) : ?>
<div class="error">
<h2>
<?php echo JText::_('Message'); ?>
</h2>
<jdoc:include type="message" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
</div>

13 years 5 months ago #143524 by dianabel06
Replied by dianabel06 on topic Re:[SOLVED] Password Recovery
Hello, I have the same problem, just one blank page with the template around appears after the send password button is pushed. I read the code you used but I don't know where do I have to put it, can you please give me more detail?? Did you add that code to the joomla template you are using? In wich file in the template did you add it? And where exactly inside the file?

I hope you can have some minutes to help me,

Thanks you very much,
Diana

13 years 5 months ago #143525 by dianabel06
Hello, I have the same problem, just one blank page with the template around appears after the send password button is pushed. I read the code you used but I don't know where do I have to put it, can you please give me more detail?? Did you add that code to the joomla template you are using? In wich file in the template did you add it? And where exactly inside the file?

Thanks you very much,
Diana

13 years 5 months ago #143526 by dianabel06

Thanks you very much,
Diana

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn