[SOLVED] Change the order of the TABS on "EDIT PROFILE" ?

13 years 6 months ago #141814 by Afrikao.com
Hello,

How to change the order of the TABS on "EDIT PROFILE" ?

I see the changing of the order of Tabs on PROFILE - but it does not affect the order on "Edit Profile".

For example - now the first TAB on "EDIT PROFILE" is PORTRAIT, second TAB is "CONTACT INFO" etc.

I want to change this order, so that "CONTACT INFO" will be the first tab when "EDIT PROFILE" opened.

But HOW ?

Thanks somebody in advance for a hint "how to".

Brgrds,
Serge

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/12 20:52

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #141838 by G@ryK
Hi, I am trying to find a solution for this too, also want to remove the community builder menu item as well. if it has to be somewhere on the profile page it could be a separate text-link not within the standard menu.

13 years 6 months ago #141867 by krileon
Edit Profile tab order is the same as Profile View tab order. Simply navigate to Tab Management and change their orders.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145890 by status101
Hi There,

Wondering if anyone can help me. As other people in for forum, I am trying to change the order of the Portrait and Contact Info tabs.

I have read the instructions on changing the order in the CB Tab Manager, and the Tab properties 'order' but I just can’t seem to work out how to do it, OR it’s not working.

On the CB Tab Management page, on the right, then I have tried adjusting the 'order' but the portrait order cannot be adjusted up or down. I can change the numbered order up and down but this seems to make no difference. As everything else seems to have a '-' (negative) number for the order I tried setting the portrait to a higher number, but it just set it back to 1

I then tried to update the 'Profile ordering:' value within the Tabs properties pages. I have Portrait set to 4 (last) and Contact Info set to 0 (first) however this still does not seem to change the profile tab order.

Can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or if I am looking at some sort of issue, or perhaps that the portrait must be the first Tab?

Many thanks in advance.

13 years 4 months ago #145937 by krileon
The order is based off tab position as well. So a tab in the Top position will always be before a tab in the Main position, etc... Changing the order number changes its display based on its position. So if you have 5 tabs in the Main position you can change their order so those tabs in that position will display as specified.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146086 by status101
THank you so much for that.. NOW I get it!

Honestly, it all seems a little complicated.. not sure why the layout is all so inter-reliant but then I've only been looking at CB for a short time.. Im sure it will all come together for me.

Thanks again.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn