Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?

13 years 7 months ago #142139 by scharles
I've scoured the documentation, but I cannot find two config settings for my CB accounts.

We have configured a plan which is actually a "profile" for a person that can be displayed on the site to other users.

1) The system is not displaying the user's email address on the output. All it's displaying is an elipses (...) instead of the email address as a link. Where is the config setting for this?

2) I want to change the field that is used as the window/tab title for the browsern. Right now it's using the user's name, but I want to use another custom field that I've created. Where is the config setting for this?

I've searched everywhere including the documentation and cannot find either setting.

Thanks!

Steve
The topic has been locked.
13 years 7 months ago #142171 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?

1) The system is not displaying the user's email address on the output. All it's displaying is an elipses (...) instead of the email address as a link. Where is the config setting for this?

CB Configuration > General

How are you trying to render the Email address? Typically ... is displayed if the JS fails and can't replace the email (replacement is done to prevent spam).

2) I want to change the field that is used as the window/tab title for the browsern. Right now it's using the user's name, but I want to use another custom field that I've created. Where is the config setting for this?

Edit the tab User Profile Page Title and change User Profile Title text: to whatever you like. Substitutions such as [cb_MYFIELD] are supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 7 months ago #142200 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Re:Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?
Email Address Issue
I see the setting now, but it's not working. No matter what I set it to I just get the "..." I checked the database and the email address that is stored is a valid, common email address similar to someonesname@gmail.com. It's being stored in the jos_users table in the "email" field.

Page Title Issue
I do not have a tab called User Profile Page Title. Where would it be? Is it supposed to be under Components\Community Builder\Tab Management? If so, it's not there. I have attached an image of my tab list.

Post edited by: scharles, at: 2010/09/16 00:19
Attachments:
13 years 7 months ago #142241 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?

Email Address Issue
I see the setting now, but it's not working. No matter what I set it to I just get the "..." I checked the database and the email address that is stored is a valid, common email address similar to someonesname@gmail.com. It's being stored in the jos_users table in the "email" field.

You did not answer my question. How and where are you trying to render the email address. Please provide an example or screenshot. Please check that Email Handling is correctly configured. Again, this typically means you have a Fatal JS error on your site that is stopping the anti-spam JS from fully completing. Review your browsers error console.

Page Title Issue
I do not have a tab called User Profile Page Title. Where would it be? Is it supposed to be under ComponentsCommunity BuilderTab Management? If so, it's not there. I have attached an image of my tab list.

The tab "User Profile" which you've unpublished is likely the page title tab that has been renamed. Republish and place in the "head" position.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 7 months ago #142245 by scharles
I am trying to display the profile information on the site in a pop-up window (see graphic)

Yes. There is a javascript error on the page:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; InfoPath.2; WWTClient2; Media Center PC 6.0; Zune 4.0; Tablet PC 2.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8)
Timestamp: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:47:39 UTC

Line: 235
Char: 2070
Code: 0
URI: http://[removed]/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=96&Itemid=41

Post edited by: scharles, at: 2010/09/16 15:50

Post edited by: scharles, at: 2010/09/16 15:51
Attachments:
13 years 7 months ago #142251 by scharles
Page Title Issue
(I'm going to move this to a separate thread...
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn