Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?

13 years 7 months ago #142263 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?
Such an error happens due to an un-escaped string. Not sure where specifically it is coming from but for instance in JS you have a scenario such as the following.

WRONG:
[code:1]
alert( 'te'st' );
[/code:1]

RIGHT:
[code:1]
alert( 'te\'st' );
[/code:1]

Please perform debug steps within help us help you in my signature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The topic has been locked.
13 years 7 months ago #142266 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Re:Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?
krileon wrote:

Please perform debug steps within help us help you in my signature.

I'm glad to help, but I don't understand this instruction.
13 years 7 months ago #142267 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot find two config settings... HELP!?

I'm glad to help, but I don't understand this instruction.

www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/8095/58/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
13 years 7 months ago #142561 by scharles
Replied by scharles on topic Sticky Overlay Not Displaying Email fields
I've done some more troubleshooting...

It turns out the javascript error on the page is not being generated by the email address issue. It's being displayed when a user enters a carriage return into a textarea field (but only for Stick overlay displays.) I have placed that issue in another thread.

I confirmed that my email addresses will display correctly when I set the tab to display in raw HTML configuration, and the email address display will obey the configuration settings on the General tab in configuration. So I know this is working properly.

When I change the tab to display as "button with sticky overlay" then none of my email addresses on the tab will display. I only get the ellipses (...).

I think there are some javascript issues with the sticky overlays. Can you tell me where this code is being generated?

Do you have any other suggestions for a fix for this?

Thanks!
13 years 7 months ago #142564 by krileon

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn