Add user as friend as a LINK?

13 years 6 months ago #142181 by byberg
Add user as friend as a LINK? was created by byberg
Hi!

I know that its possible to add friends trough the menu in CB.

But i want it as a seperate link...

For example under the users profile picture i have a link saying SEND USER A PM. and under that one i want ADD USER AS FRIEND. IN plain simnple text link.

NO MENU... is this possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142184 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?
Yes this is possible, the following is an example of the URL within a tab description or delimiter field. No the pop-up to specify a custom message will not work without the menu.

[code:1]
<a href="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=addConnection&connectionid=[user_id]&Itemid=CB_ITEMID">Add Connection</a>
[/code:1]

Replace CB_ITEMID with your actual CB Itemid if none remove &Itemid=CB_ITEMID entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142188 by byberg
Replied by byberg on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?

Replace CB_ITEMID with your actual CB Itemid if none remove &Itemid=CB_ITEMID entirely.

Where should this be done?

13 years 6 months ago #142189 by krileon
Your mandatory Joomla CB menu link once clicked should contain the Itemid.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142192 by byberg
Replied by byberg on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?
but where to put the link code? I dont want the CB menu. Just a link with the text ADD USER AS FRIEND and I want to be able to put it anywhere,

13 years 6 months ago #142244 by krileon
It can't go anywhere, you need the [user_id] substitution. It's a dynamic link. This means you can place it in Tab descriptions, Delimiter fields, and/or CB Content module. Basically anywhere substitutions are supported.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn