Add user as friend as a LINK?

13 years 7 months ago #142286 by byberg
Replied by byberg on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?
Hi...

Sorry for being a little slow...

I tried making a new field and putting the link you gave me but didnt work. Tried making a new tab.. didnt work...

Can you give me a quick step by step?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #142322 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?
No, this is basic Field and Tab usage with substitutions. If you need instructions or documentation then please subscribe for it as it covers all basic usage and configuration. For further information on substitutions please review tutorials within my signature. Simply copy and paste the code I provided into a Delimiter field then place it anywhere you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #142353 by byberg
Replied by byberg on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?
Ah now i figured it out i think :P found the option fields delimiter :P

When trying to add a friend who already is my firend i get a small window witout a text in... then i clikc okey and i get redirected back to the user... is there anyway to make it feel if im allready friend with someone and maybe change the link to Delete user as friend or something?

13 years 7 months ago #142355 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Add user as friend as a LINK?
No, not without custom development and a new plugin to provide the links. You could try advanced IF substitutions, but there's nothing you can check against to see if the user is already been befriended or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn