Stripping HTML out of Registration Welcome Email

13 years 6 months ago #142872 by tobyg
Hello,

I am really new to Joomla and CB, so I apologize if this is the wrong forum to be asking this question.

A client has an existing Joomla site and is using CB. On the CB Registration panel, they have filled in a simple message in the "Welcome Email" field. This uses the TinyMCE editor, which adds HTML markup. They do not want the HTML markup, but rather the message should be plain text.

I tried to figure out if there was an option in TinyMCE to not add HTML markup, but did not find anything.

I tried changing the default editor to none for an admin user account, thinking I could use that account to edit the Registration page. However, the page still used TinyMCE.

I have found postings with PHP code to strip out HTML tags, but do not know where I would add such code.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Toby.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #142892 by krileon
Pending and Welcome emails do not support HTML. We've plans to add this support to those emails. There is a core edit you can do to force allowing HTML emails (CB is capable of HTML emails), but I can not help you with this as we do not support core edits. You'll need to search as the edits have already been provided.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142940 by tobyg
Thanks for the reply.

I do not want the pending and welcome mails to be sent as HTML. Having them sent as plain text is fine. The problem is that TinyMCE is adding HTML markup automatically to whatever message the user types into the editor in the configuration page. The plain text emails that are then sent include that markup, which makes the email look ugly. The client wants the markup removed.

I can see 3 possible solutions:

1) Figure out how to get TinyMCE to not add HTML markup (I did some research on this and found nothing).

2) Change the editor used in the CB configuration, possibly to none, so the emails can be edited without the HTML markup being added. (I tried changing the default editor to none for just my user by adding "editor=none" to the params field in the jos_users record, but that had no effect.)

3) Use php code to strip out the markup. (I found code to do this but do not know where to add it.)

Of course, being new to Joomla and CB, there may be another, much easier, way to do this that I have missed, though I did so a search of the forums.

Thanks again,
Toby.

13 years 6 months ago #142941 by nant
There is no editor used in the CB Configuration page.

Please show me such a screenshot.

13 years 6 months ago #142944 by tobyg
The screen shot is attached. Like I said, this is an existing website, so it is certainly possible the original developers did something non-standard.

Thanks.

13 years 6 months ago #142945 by tobyg
The screen shot was too large, so it was not uploaded. I have attached a smaller image.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn