[SOLVED] Community Builder Login

13 years 5 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #143630 by b3tn01hasd1s
[SOLVED] Community Builder Login was created by b3tn01hasd1s
Hey guys, I need some help with the login system of community builder. I would like to make my login system look like this

with that orientation instead of the normal style.. I have seen people do it before but I dont know how. please help me.

Post edited by: b3tn01hasd1s, at: 2010/10/06 22:15

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/10/15 21:28
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #143703 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Community Builder Login
You'll need to use CSS to alter positions of many elements, but by editing the CB Login modules parameters in module manager you can set the modules position to horizontal or vertical as need be so layout wise you'll be half way there. Not sure how other users have designed their login processes, but I recommend contacting them perhaps for some incite. More on CSS usage can be found here .

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144149 by baparks
Replied by baparks on topic Re:Community Builder Login
If you look in the parameters of the module you should find the option for horizontal or vertical display as well as what to display.
You can also do a Google search for horizontal CB Login module

13 years 5 months ago #144449 by tivie
Replied by tivie on topic Re:[SOLVED] Community Builder Login
Some info that might help.

It might help setting a new "module Class Suffix" like _cblogin or something. This will "reset" the style applied by your template.css file regarding the login module and general module.

Set its orientation to horizontal.

You can use this tool, Firebug (which is an add-on for firefox), to make changes to your template.css without actually changing the file. This way you can preview all the alteartions before applying them to the file.

Here's some examples...

Changing background image:

form#mod_loginform_cblogin {
background-image:url('/images/background.png');
background-repeat:no-repeat;
}

Changing fieldset border
form#mod_loginform_cblogin fieldset {
border: 0 none;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
color: red;