Privacy Plugin and userlist ?

13 years 5 months ago #143912 by pepperstreet
Privacy Plugin and userlist ? was created by pepperstreet
Hello,
i am not sure about the Privacy Plugin and its influence on the displayed fields in userlists. Are privacy settings considered in userlists? Or only on profile display and edit?

I could not find any related posts... sorry.
Thanks for listening.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #143930 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Privacy Plugin and userlist ?

i am not sure about the Privacy Plugin and its influence on the displayed fields in userlists. Are privacy settings considered in userlists?

Yes, edit your field and adjust how the field will react when privacy controls are used. You can set the field to not be searchable, displayed, or ignore privacy controls entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143937 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:Privacy Plugin and userlist ?
I found the settings for the search feature on userlists.
But this is not exactly, what i expected.

I am looking for a "display" option, that is controlled by the privacy setting? Did you get the idea? When the field is private... don´t show it on the list.

13 years 5 months ago #143972 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Privacy Plugin and userlist ?

I am looking for a "display" option, that is controlled by the privacy setting? Did you get the idea? When the field is private... don´t show it on the list.

Review the parameter, it is there. Just set the parameter User search on this field: to Exclude private users. This is your only option, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #143997 by pepperstreet
Replied by pepperstreet on topic Re:Privacy Plugin and userlist ?
o.k. i see. I thought i missed something or misunderstood the features.

Should i turn this into a feature request? I mean, it sounds obvious to have the same influence on the userlist as for the profile! When a user can hide a field on his profile, it should be not displayed on the list...

Oherwise it looks like a half privacy solution. Am I wrong with this?

13 years 5 months ago #144000 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Privacy Plugin and userlist ?
pepperstreet wrote:

o.k. i see. I thought i missed something or misunderstood the features.

Should i turn this into a feature request? I mean, it sounds obvious to have the same influence on the userlist as for the profile! When a user can hide a field on his profile, it should be not displayed on the list...

Oherwise it looks like a half privacy solution. Am I wrong with this?

makes sense - also might be a good idea to not put fields in a user list if you intend to allow people to set privacy on them.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn