[SOLVED] User Signature Image in Tab via html

13 years 6 months ago #144230 by rayard23
Replied by rayard23 on topic Re:User Signature Image in Tab via html
nant wrote:

Edit the delimiter field in backend to show the following value (for example again):

This is where the confusion is for me I think. How would one have the field delimiter display the code that a user put into another field.

I'm pretty sure I understand where you are going with this;

have 2 field, 1 text area (cb_example) and 1 field delimiter (cb_del). Users will post their signature/badge html string into cb_example and the cb_del field will display the image/badge.

This is genius and allows for better security, however I am just not understanding how to link the two. I thought it was via the Title option. Outside of that I dont see any other real options for this?

If this information is something that is only available to documentation subscribers I understand. i will be a subscriber soon enough(hopefully - depends on client).

If you can however, provide just a bit more information on this I would greatly appreciate it as you have been most helpful thus far.

Thanks in advance. I hope to be donating to the community soon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144239 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:User Signature Image in Tab via html
Maybe this article will help you....

magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Aug-2010/item/133-CB-Delimiter-Field-Magic

P.S. I believe that the CB Documentation subscription and this knowledge is actually helping you provide your services to your client.

13 years 6 months ago #144254 by rayard23
Replied by rayard23 on topic Re:User Signature Image in Tab via html
Nant,

Thank you so much for your efforts. I was able to get the feature functioning perfectly. Even more I can keep security tight this way as the delimiter holds all of the html and I know this string is clean.

The article you showed me actually helped quite a bit, I found the code variable that worked best for me, and plugged it in. Worked like a charm. I will be meeting with my client this evening, I think he will be quite pleased and see the potential for CB.

Thanks again!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn