[SOLVED] display complex substitutions with cbcontent

13 years 6 months ago #144707 by nrdgalor
hello all, i have been trying to accomplish a dynamic cbcontent module (like a dynamic list). this is what i have and want to accomplish, but have been un-successful.

i have in my fields a user type and user group field with 3 levels each. each group can have multiple user types, but the user can only belong to one group. usertype1 is a manager the rest are workers. e.g.

userXYZ usertype1 in group1
userABC usertype2 in group1
userDEF usertype3 in group1

userLMN usertype1 in group2
userGHI usertype3 in group2

userTUV usertype1 in group3
userPQR usertype2 in group3

here is what i would like to accomplish:
when a usertype2 and above login, i want to display usertype1 data in the cbcontent module based on those variables above for only that group. usertype2 in group 3 logs in, they see the cbcontent with usertype1/group3 info. usertype3/group2 logs in, they see usertype1/group2 info in cbcontent.

hope i was clear enough, and look forward to any fresh ideas that i can try.

thanks

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/08 16:38

Jc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144781 by krileon
Please review tutorials within my signature for substitution usage. If what you're referring to are fields it most certainly can be done using IF substitutions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144873 by nrdgalor
correct, i'm using:
www.allmysocials.com/component/content/article/2-community-builder/10-substitutions?directory=15

but i have not been able to accomplish the correct options and needed some guidance.

Jc

13 years 5 months ago #144895 by krileon
I need field names, exact, and field values, exact, or I can't help build the substitutions. Also better explanation of your needs is appreciated such as if user is type a display field x, y, and z.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144994 by nrdgalor
userXYZ usertype1 in group1

userABC usertype2 in group1

userDEF usertype3 in group1

[cb:usertab tab="21" user="find the user that mygroup=theirgroup and theirusertype=usertype1" /]

edit start:
example with actual fields:

[cb:usertab tab="21" user="find the user that my cb_group=their cb_group and cb_typeofperson=resident" /]

actual fields:
type: drop down single select
tab: contact info
name: cb_typeofperson
title: type of person
value(s): resident, member, lead, director, administrator, executive (these values are always the same)

type: drop down single select
tab: contact info
name: cb_group
title: group
value(s): group1, group2, group3 and so on (this will continue to increase.
edit stop:

I hope this makes good sense.

Post edited by: nrdgalor, at: 2010/10/28 04:11

Jc

13 years 5 months ago #145022 by nrdgalor
[name] lives in [cb:userfield field="city" /], [cb:userfield field="state" /]. This is where the [cb:userfield field="cb_group" /] network begins.

Whishlist: [cb:userfield field="cb_wishlist" /]

[cb:usertab tab="20" user="64" /]

here is what i have been doing:

when a user logs in, i would like for:

[name], [cb:userfield field="city" /], [cb:userfield field="state" /], [cb:userfield field="cb_wishlist" /] and user="64" above i'm trying to have them be dynamic.

Meaning: i would like cb_content to search for a user that is member of cb_group = to the group of the logged in user, and cb_typeofperson="resident", then display the tab "20" (or any of the above variables) of that user.

this may help out. here is the filter used in a list that displays the resident from the logged in user group.

`cb_group` ='[cb:userfield field="cb_group" user="#me" /]' AND `cb_typeofperson` ='Resident'

Post edited by: nrdgalor, at: 2010/10/28 07:41

Jc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn