module on a specific user profile page

13 years 5 months ago #144919 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
Well.
I have created an external link to a user's profile. The profile appears fine with all I want in it, but the module !
It seems like the user's profile is not considered as a regular content ( i.e. articles).
This is what I meant from the beginning.

I do not follow You on the dynamic module. I do not understand what it's stays for.
So I do not understend why I should subscribe to "documentation subscribers" when I'm not positive it will resolve my matter... !!!

Again I've a module with an external link to a users's profile and it works fine. It is not the matter to display a profile with an external link but the problem of showing a module only for a specific user's profile...

This seems impossibile, correct ?
If so, do you think You'll be able to resolve this issue ?

Many thanks for kind attention

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #144920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
Module display is purely dependent on Itemid. The external menu link you're using is NOT the Itemid CB will use for its links nor can it without major core changes (can't help you with those sorry). This means you can't assign a module to a single specific user.

A dynamic module changes based off location. Either it needs to be developed to check URL parameters such as the user parameter where the user_id is stored or you need a module like CB Content that can parse complex substitutions (see tutorials within signature for substitution usage information).

It's not impossible, but requires a lot of work with a custom module or using documentation subscriber module CB Content and substitutions.

No, it's not a bug nor a feature. This is how Joomla and CB work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #144922 by massimolivio
Replied by massimolivio on topic Re:module on a specific user profile page
Well...I would say this is how CB works, since Joomla works fine !

I understand this need a lot of work to the core of CB, but since I'm not a programmer I do not want to get involved in any programming and prefear to leave to the TEAM this matter...

Unluckly this prevent CB to be used for my pourposes, I hope for nobody else :)...

Post edited by: massimolivio, at: 2010/10/26 18:23

13 years 5 months ago #144933 by nant
massimolivio wrote:

It is not the matter to display a profile with an external link but the problem of showing a module only for a specific user's profile...

As Kyle said, this would involve extra code to be able to identify the specific user profile being viewed.

You would also need to decide if the specific profile is being viewed by the profile owner or some other user.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn