[#1306] CB Privacy not keeping registration data STILL

13 years 5 months ago #145018 by citizenkane88
I just subscribed to CB Docs specifically to obtain the Privacy Plugin only to find this big bad bug :sick: . This is a MAJOR flaw in this plugin. I'm very dissappointed and feel like I wasted my money. Yes, I did pay $50 just for this one feature.

I really like CB :) and will continue to use it because it does so many things that I would otherwise have to program myself (if I even could) or patch together some other components and modules hoping for the best.

Please tell me you are going to fix this ASAP. What's the status on this?

Thanks.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/11/10 14:58

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #145057 by nuborn
I was about to pay the $48 USD to get that one plugin myself. Are you able to give more information on how this bug affects the workflow?

Thanks and regards,

Vincent

Post edited by: nuborn, at: 2010/10/29 20:08

13 years 4 months ago #145086 by krileon
We are aware that CB Privacy is not keeping registration data. We have a forge that users such as your self can publicly see that this issue is still pending here . The plugin is open source and you are surely welcome to assist in finding this bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145138 by citizenkane88
Replied by citizenkane88 on topic Re:CB Privacy not keeping registration data STILL
Re: how does it affect workflow?

In my case - new user info is exposed to all registered users for a period of time. Since the new user's privacy selections at registration are not being saved all the registration fields that are required (and set as user configurable) will be visible to all registered users once the account is approved for the period of time from when the account is approved until that user logs in and goes into thier profile to turn off the fields that they want private. Some of our users need or want to keep their info private from other regular users.

So as a workaround I could make the fields not required so they don't have to enter sensitive information then somehow make the new user edit their profile upon first login to add the missing info. The problem with that in our case is we only accepted registrations from certain people (verifiable law enforcement agents) so we need to know that information before approving/enabling the account. We could just hide all info by default but then registered users could not see anything about each other and then I don't need privacy plugin to do that.

I'm using Joomla/CB to replace a hard-coded HTML/PHP site which has the user-configurable privacy setting so this feature is a must have.

Post edited by: citizenkane88, at: 2010/10/29 21:54

Post edited by: citizenkane88, at: 2010/10/29 21:58

13 years 4 months ago #145141 by citizenkane88
Replied by citizenkane88 on topic Re:CB Privacy not keeping registration data STILL
krileon wrote:

We are aware that CB Privacy is not keeping registration data. We have a forge that users such as your self can publicly see that this issue is still pending here . The plugin is open source and you are surely welcome to assist in finding this bug.

THanks for the link to the Forge. There doesn't seem to be much activity - only identified bugs.

Yes, I am going to attempt to fix this bug. I really need this plugin to work. However, I'm no Joomla/CB expert by any stretch so nobody should hold thier breath :unsure:

13 years 4 months ago #145252 by krileon
I understand it is affecting workflows. A workaround is to use CSS to hide the privacy selections on the registration page. I will be reviewing this issue further, but we've had more pressing issues to attend to concerning CBSubs and CB in general (see CBs issues and the patches I've provided). CB Privacy is certainly on my list of things to do (this week likely).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn