Front-end login problems

13 years 4 months ago #145792 by video
Front-end login problems was created by video
Just updated site to Joomla 1.5.22 and CB 1.2.3, along with UddeIM latest and adding Registration Validator for which I uninstalled due to this problem. Somewhere along the lines of this it stopped allowing front-end login. Made sure global settings were off for registration. Looked at mod_cblogin and it's set like it always has been while working fine. Remembered that Easyblog allowed login for commenting and wahla it worked, so tried logging out/in again using the cb login and the same problem. Created a temporary login in the left menu utilizing the EasyBlog login, which looks different then the Joomla login:
www.mysite.org/component/user/login.html?return=L2Jsb2dzL2VudHJ5L3FzaXBwaW4tb24tdG9wLW9mLXRoZS13b3JsZHEtc29vbi1hdmFpbGFibGUtLmh0bWw%3D
At any rate I haven't found anything in the forums so here it is;)

Post edited by: video, at: 2010/11/09 06:30

Regards,

Scott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #145857 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Front-end login problems
CB only supports its own login process. This means you can't use EasyBlog or Joomla login processes for CB. Your users are likely out of sync. Please run CB tools. If not resolved please in more detail describe your issue (preferably with screenshots or direct link to the issue).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #145951 by video
Replied by video on topic Re:Front-end login problems
Forget my mention of using easyblog login, I understand that I would have to sync again, this is why I'm here asking for help in the first place.

I should have stated that I used the cb tools a few times and they always show everything is good. What happens is I try to login through the front mod_cblogin and it then goes to the main login component/comprofiler/login.html every time. If I purposefully put in a wrong pw it still goes there and there isn't "Wrong PW" message. Tried shutting off lots of other things, creating other users to login and still can't get it working. It works fine on 2 other live sites, but like mentioned it stopped working somewhere in the midst of the upgrades.

Regards,

Scott

13 years 4 months ago #145965 by krileon
You'll need to backtrack your steps and disable what was enabled, uninstall what was installed, etc.. to find what caused the problem. You've something conflict but as to what I don't know. More then likely some sort of rediector is in place which is redirecting users. The CB login module posts to the login page; if there's an error it will display the login page with the error on top of it. I your Joomla template doesn't have the message tag then the error won't display so try with default Joomla template.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146022 by video
Replied by video on topic Re:Front-end login problems
krileon wrote:

You'll need to backtrack your steps and disable what was enabled, uninstall what was installed, etc.. to find what caused the problem.

Did that! ...and more! With exception to upgrades, which is what most of it was, if you read fully? So what do I do? Install old versions when these are security updates for the most part? Your quick responses might as well just not be wasted (YOUR time), as they come off like quick and terse dutiful ditties. I'm not a newb exactly (see profile), but of course there are no dumb questions "IMHO";)

You've something conflict but as to what I don't know. More then likely some sort of rediector is in place which is redirecting users.

Well that's what I'm here for! So humor me with a possible solution; do you think the Registration Validator (from the JED) could have done that? I uninstalled it. Of course that would be a reason to kick them off the JED if it did that ("redirector")! We should definitely make sure of it, unless of course it was an accident in programming:P

The CB login module posts to the login page;

Of course!... as I mentioned.

if there's an error it will display the login page with the error on top of it.

It's not!

I your Joomla template doesn't have the message tag then the error won't display so try with default Joomla template.

Doesn't work with JA_Purity either!

Regards,

Scott

13 years 4 months ago #146041 by krileon
Please disable all SEO, enable debug mode, enable maximum error reporting and once done attempt to login again to see if any fatal errors appear. Please follow the debug procedures within help us help you (and subsequently will provide me with more information about your installation).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn