Using Log-in Button's instead of CB Login Form

13 years 3 months ago #147396 by inknstitch
I'm a newbie, so sorry if I'm just missing this information when looking around the site.

My website is inknstitch.com/joomla

You'll see on the home page that I have the Login Form still enabled and have CB installed as well (log in about half way down on the right).

I'm wondering if I can utilize Community Builder, but I still want to keep the look and feel of the "Log In" and "Create an Account" buttons that are in my current template.

How can I do this?

Appreciate any help in advance, and I'll keep looking around the site.

Thanks,

Scott

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #147410 by nant
inknstitch wrote:

I'm a newbie, so sorry if I'm just missing this information when looking around the site.

My website is inknstitch.com/joomla

You'll see on the home page that I have the Login Form still enabled and have CB installed as well (log in about half way down on the right).

I'm wondering if I can utilize Community Builder, but I still want to keep the look and feel of the "Log In" and "Create an Account" buttons that are in my current template.

How can I do this?

Appreciate any help in advance, and I'll keep looking around the site.

Thanks,

Scott

I believe you can create menu items to CB login form and logout functionn, did you try?

13 years 3 months ago #147458 by inknstitch
Replied by inknstitch on topic Re:Using Log-in Button's instead of CB Login Form
OK, I have done that, but is there anyway to use the stock buttons instead of just having it as a menu item, and is there a way to have the log-in fiels just pop up right there like a drop down rather than having it serve as a link to the a log-in page?
Thanks,
Scott

13 years 3 months ago #147460 by inknstitch
Replied by inknstitch on topic Re:Using Log-in Button's instead of CB Login Form
Essentially, I want to maintain the functionality and look of the current login/register/logout/greeting but use Community Builder.

One think I'd like to do is make it where the registration menue that pops up when you click on "Register" displays all of the fields that I'm asking for in Community Builder (ex. phone number).

Scott

13 years 3 months ago #147560 by krileon

One think I'd like to do is make it where the registration menue that pops up when you click on "Register" displays all of the fields that I'm asking for in Community Builder (ex. phone number).

Then you'll need to develop something to do this. CB does not provide any such feature, sorry. What you're wanting isn't available out of the box. You'll need 3rd party extensions to provide it or develop it your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn