[PASSWORD] fields issue on resend of confirmation

13 years 4 months ago #147545 by iberkner
If a user hasn't confirmed and tries to login, they receive another confirmation request, this time without the password. The password fields shows up as [PASSWORD].

In the registration tab in configuration, it states:

[PASSWORD] - Password choosen by the User (only at the first email sent upon pressing "Register")

Why make it available in the first place if it can only be used one time?

Is there a way to enable it for the additional emails that are sent?

spellingcity.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147567 by krileon

Why make it available in the first place if it can only be used one time?

Because once the registration process is done the password is irreversible, which means it is not possible to re-send it. At registration, login, and profile update is the only times the password will be plaintext. Profile update if the user changes passwords, login is unreliable as the password could be wrong, registration is the only time for a reliable and legitimate password. This is a security measure of Joomla. User is free to use "Forgot Login" to request a new password if necessary.

Is there a way to enable it for the additional emails that are sent?

No, the password substitution should only be used in the "Pending" email. If you use [DETAILS] it will only show the password when it can instead of using [PASSWORD] which will show the raw substitution if it can't.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn