[#2144] Translation issue

13 years 4 months ago #147706 by nicophp
[#2144] Translation issue was created by nicophp
All seems to work fine except some translation strings, which are correct in the translation files but without any effect. Any idea?

Post edited by: nicophp, at: 2010/12/03 20:17

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/08 19:55
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #147728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Translation issue
Image is too small for me to see, please copy/paste the exact string you're having problems translating. You can test your translations by going to CB Configuration then integration tab and adjusting the Translations highlighting parameter.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #147777 by nicophp
Replied by nicophp on topic Re:Translation issue
Thanks for your answer. Here are the untranslated strings in the offline payment

In the CBSubs module

You have an unpaid subscription. Please pay.

OK, solved cleaning nearly all html

Displaying the invoice address

State / Province

Was not included in the english.php so I didn't added it in my spanish.php. Ok done and works.

Remains: After clicking the offline icon

You can wire-transfer us the payment (all bank charges to your cost and needs 2-3 days) or pay cash on our account

This is a custom instruction text introduced in the gateway text area and in the translation file (I tried with and without the <p>...</p> but without success, while the other custom texts are well translated.(this text area has the info button not specifying that it is Language translation supported)

IMPORTANT: in that offline payment, the user has to confirm that he will pay offline, but, even if the Instructions text was displayed, in the pop-up receipt presented to be printed for payment, there are no reference to this Instructions text (where you can give the bank account) and company.

Post edited by: nicophp, at: 2010/12/05 13:57

Post edited by: nicophp, at: 2010/12/05 18:58

13 years 4 months ago #148013 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Translation issue
If I understand correctly you're trying to translate Instructions Text: found when editing the Offline Payment gateway. As far as I am aware you can't translate just a single line of the instructions text. One way to translate the entire string is to define a new language string that contains ALL of the instruction text.

Instructions Text: _UE_INSTRUCTIONS
[code:1]
define( '_UE_INSTRUCTIONS', 'You can wire-transfer us the payment (all bank charges to your cost and needs 2-3 days) or pay cash on our account.' );
[/code:1]

Could also try the below usage for teamplugins.

[code:1]
'_UE_INSTRUCTIONS' => 'You can wire-transfer us the payment (all bank charges to your cost and needs 2-3 days) or pay cash on our account.',
[/code:1]

The instruction text does not show up in the pop-up payment slip. The instruction text is the text BEFORE the link to show the pop-up payment slip.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/12/07 20:19

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #148050 by nicophp
Thanks for helping, will make the test and come back to you

Post edited by: nicophp, at: 2010/12/07 22:39

13 years 4 months ago #148051 by nicophp
Thanks for trying to help but I think that for now on it's the only text, in CBSubs, that we cannot translate

define( '_UE_INSTRUCTIONS', 'You can wire-transfer us the payment (all bank charges to your cost and needs 2-3 days) or pay cash on our account.' );

above is a CB code and is not taken into account in CBSubs

'_UE_INSTRUCTIONS' => 'You can wire-transfer us the payment (all bank charges to your cost and needs 2-3 days) or pay cash on our account.',

Also tried it but if it would work, a normal string with text (instead of a _UE_ETC) would also work

So we keep being without translation possibility

The instruction text does not show up in the pop-up payment slip. The instruction text is the text BEFORE the link to show the pop-up payment slip.

That's what I noticed but that slip is only valid for bank check (...IF including also the address to send the check to). In case of wire-transfer, what can do a customer with that slip if it's not including all the mandatory data for a transfer.

Do you mean that, in case of offline payment, the customer has to be advised to foreseen, to search and hand-write down all the information needed for his type of offline payment? (just for test, go through the offline process, print your slip and go to the bank or post office or try to make an online bank transfer)

I think that the slip should include a summary of all the information needed for all kinds of offline payments.

Post edited by: nicophp, at: 2010/12/08 11:52

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn