Pending Emails no longer HTML

5 years 5 months ago #308055 by PhilF1951
Pending Emails no longer HTML was created by PhilF1951
Have been using CB for a long time with no issues as such. But I have had reports that with new registrations for our small model flying club's website that the registrants are having trouble with the pending email. The Pending email for example is in text with no line spaces and the link is not "live".(highlighted) Many that use our website don't understand copy & paste. Hence I have a number of unconfirmed registrations.

I have surfed every relevant line on the Forum but most are very old. This issue only seems to have appeared since auto update to 2.2.1 I backed up the comprofiler database and re-installed latest package but still no joy.

Joomla 3.8.13
CB 2.2.1 (Basic with no add-ons)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pending Emails no longer HTML
Recommend updating to latest build release which is 2.2.1+build.2018.10.16.19.32.44.38e6b06fc. As for HTML in registration emails ensure "Registration Email HTML" is set to "Yes" within CB > Configuration > Registration. Aside from that it could be their email client blocking the HTML (e.g. I use Thunderbird and it blocks HTML by default unless I approve the domain).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308070 by PhilF1951
Replied by PhilF1951 on topic Pending Emails no longer HTML
Hi Kyle,

I have updated to latest build but still no difference. I also use Thunderbird and other email accounts request show images/html or domain from the Options button. I sent a html message from my Gmail account to the receiving account for the website including emoticons/ coloured text and it came through as I had sent it. So, that excludes the email server. As others have had to do, I have also had to add <br> into the messages to create paragraphs. And of course the confirm link is still not a link just text.

All very puzzling as it had worked a while ago.

5 years 5 months ago #308081 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pending Emails no longer HTML
Those emails only send as HTML if you've adjusted the above parameter. Otherwise they will send as plaintext. The confirmation link has no HTML around it; typically the email client it self will make it clickable otherwise you need to add the HTML for that. Example as follows.

<a href="[confirmlink]">[confirmlink]</a>

Try testing with the recipient being a GMail account and checking the email at GMail.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308082 by PhilF1951
Replied by PhilF1951 on topic Pending Emails no longer HTML
Hi Kyle,

That seems to have sorted it. Forcing html. Tested it first to the original email address and worked. So, therefore basic html can be added to the mails?

Many thanks for you help. Much appreciated.

Many of our club members are not computer savvy so the forms and responses have to be as simple as possible. I might get some peace now. :)

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308090 by PhilF1951
Replied by PhilF1951 on topic CB Emails no longer HTML
Whilst running through some other checks remembering that some members had said that the Forgot links don't work correctly. I have discovered that the emails generated from Forgot Username and forgot Password are also not html. I have no idea why or what is taking out html and of course the "live" links.

I have worked through some the other components disabling possible culprits, Maybe the CB files are corrupted but where to look and change if necessary.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn