Login redirect not working

5 years 5 months ago #308124 by i3health
Login redirect not working was created by i3health
When end users try to access a page that requires login, they are prompted to log in/register. After they log in (existing user) or register (new user) they are not being redirected to the page of origin. They are instead brought to the CB-Login page where it says "Hello <first name>. This has never worked on our site.

First login redirect is blank in Community Builder configuration.

Login redirect is blank in the CB login module.

Extensions > Plugins > "Community Builder System plugin" is public and published. Under Parse URLs, both "Redirect URLs" and "Rewrite URLs" are set to "Enabled".

Are we missing something in the configuration?

TIA for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308153 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login redirect not working
As long as the access denied page tries to redirect to login with the return URL present CB will utilize it. If the access denied page did not do that then it won't redirect them back. Joomla menu access and article access will both behave fine in this regard, but I can't speak for any 3rd party access denied pages. Your configuration is correct.

You can test how Joomla would behave by unpublishing CBs Joomla system plugin then retrying to see if you're sent to Joomlas login page and test if it redirects back.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308165 by i3health
Replied by i3health on topic Login redirect not working
Thank you for your reply. You are correct, it doesn't look like the access denied page is redirecting to the login page with the return URL included. Do you know how we can resolve this?

5 years 5 months ago #308224 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Login redirect not working
No idea, it would entirely depend on what's throwing the access denied and where it decides to send users. Normal Joomla menu and article access denied typically just sends users to Joomlas login page. As for 3rd party extensions and their access denied output that would depend entirely on the extension and what they implemented.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn