How to receive the attached file in email

5 years 5 months ago #308662 by imageus
I can successfully attach a file and I see the file being stored. But I don't get notified that a file has been saved by the user in the registration process. I can't find anything about in the CB Primer.

This is what I want to do - when a user registers, I get an email to approve the user. Once I approve the user, I want to get all his details in an email including the attached file (if any). It is possible?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to receive the attached file in email

This is what I want to do - when a user registers, I get an email to approve the user. Once I approve the user, I want to get all his details in an email including the attached file (if any). It is possible?

Moderators should be sent a new user registration email, which you can add more substitutions to if you want more information. You won't be able to attach the file to the email, but should be able to link to it by substituting in the file field. See the below tutorial regarding substitutions.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

You can use language overrides below to override the new user registration email to add whatever you like to it.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

You'll need to override likely UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG and/or UE_REG_ADMIN_MSG language keys.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308682 by imageus
Replied by imageus on topic How to receive the attached file in email
Ok, thanks I got it. I tried both and found out that the correct one is UE_REG_ADMIN_PA_MSG

So I was successfully able to change the Admin message content to add the values. However, I can't find any information how to add the URL to the file that you had mentioned. I have a field called CB_ABSTRACT (for users to submit their abstract). I can see the files in images/comprofiler/plug_cbfilefield/USER_ID/. I need to put a link to this location so that the admin can download it to a local drive and distribute via email.

The reference in CB Primer is as follows but it is not clear.

URL - display a CB constructed URL (pre-defined)
[cb:url location="DESTINATION" /]

Destinations include: login, logout, registers, lostpassword, manageconnections, profile_view, profile_edit, list, itemid

[cb:url location="login" /] will display the login raw URL that can be included with HTML for example. For list usage you must specify the parameter list="LIST_ID"; without it you'll be given the default userlist URL.

5 years 5 months ago #308683 by krileon
You should be able to just substitute in the raw field value using [FIELD_NAME] and it should be the internal URL to access the file. cb:url is only for the destinations listed in the tutorial.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308685 by imageus
Replied by imageus on topic How to receive the attached file in email
Perfect! I was able to make it show the url as

mysite.com/images/comprofiler/plug_cbfilefield/[USER_ID] but I am getting at 403 error. It is because of the permission on the folder? Should it be 755?

5 years 4 months ago #308717 by krileon
That's not the URL to the file. Simply substitute in the file field using [FIELD_NAME] (e.g. [cb_my_file]) and it will be the URL to access the file. If the field is not publicly accessible you'll need to login to access it though. Direct access to files is blocked.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn