Community Builder used to support Joomla update manager but not anymore, is it?

5 years 2 months ago #310048 by yogs99
Hi,

I maintained a community builder site and updating CB was as simple as clicking a button.
Whenever I go to Joomla update manager I see the CB listing and I can do an upgrade from there too.
But I started to build a new Community Builder website in my localhost and I still receive the "update available message" but when I click the Update button it downloads a copy of the latest community builder as a zip file. Does this mean, CB no longer works with Joomla update manager and one-click update?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago #310068 by krileon
Core CB can only update through Joomla when using a Stable release. For Build releases you won't be able to update through Joomla. For easiest updating though I recommend just using CBs build in Install from Web within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin as it can update CB (stable and build releases) and your plugins all at once.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 2 months ago #310086 by yogs99
Hi krileon,

Thank you for your reply.

krileon wrote: Core CB can only update through Joomla when using a Stable release. For Build releases you won't be able to update through Joomla.

Sorry but where should I go to download the stable release? I went to www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder page as mentioned in Community Builder 2.0 Primer book but all I can get is a build release.

krileon wrote: I recommend just using CBs build in Install from Web

Does this mean Install from Web feature available in Joomla?.

krileon wrote: within CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin as it can update CB (stable and build releases) and your plugins all at once.

CB plugin management is a place where you can install plugins for CB, right? It cannot involve in the update of CB itself, right?

Thank you :)

5 years 2 months ago #310098 by krileon

Sorry but where should I go to download the stable release? I went to www.joomlapolis.com/community-builder page as mentioned in Community Builder 2.0 Primer book but all I can get is a build release.

I recommend always using the latest release. If you really only want a Stable release, which again I recommend always using latest build, then use the version dropdown on our downloads page to select what version you want.

www.joomlapolis.com/downloads

Does this mean Install from Web feature available in Joomla?.

No, CB has its own Install from Web. Joomla can't handle build versioning so we can't use Joomlas update functionality for build releases.

CB plugin management is a place where you can install plugins for CB, right? It cannot involve in the update of CB itself, right?

You can update CB from CB > Plugin Management > Install New Plugin > Install from Web in addition to CB plugins.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn