Unable to Edit Phone Number

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312465 by n2vsb
Unable to Edit Phone Number was created by n2vsb
Both myself and our members are having trouble editing phone numbers in their profiles. I have Super User Rights, and I am unable to edit my own as well. I am clearly missing a setting here or something.

Here is the error I am receiving:

Please let me know if there is something i should be looking at to resolve this issue.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #312474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Unable to Edit Phone Number
Whatever validation rule you're using is failing for whatever value you're trying to input. Review your validation rules for your phone field by editing it in CB > Field Management then checking the parameters under Parameters > Validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago #312476 by n2vsb
Replied by n2vsb on topic Unable to Edit Phone Number
Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked in your referenced spot and found the following:

The field you cannot see all of includes the following information:

http:,https:,mailto:,//.,<a,</a>,&#

is the # supposed to be there?

I have changed the minimum length from 10 to 0 and back again thinking that may be a problem.

Any further advice?
Attachments:

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312480 by krileon
Yes, that is the default forbidden words list. It's not blocking # though. It's blocking &# as each forbidden word is separated by a comma. You however have a minimum length set to 10 and need to be sure to supply at least 10 characters. Maximum length is configured under the Global tab so you may want to check if you set a value there as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #312484 by n2vsb
Replied by n2vsb on topic Unable to Edit Phone Number
Hmmm...

I checked the Minimum and Maximums

The Maximum in the global field had a Zero - I assume as with many other fields, in this case would mean unlimited characters?

The minimum as you pointed out before was 10 - I changed this to Zero (the help message points out that zero=no minimum) to see if I was able to make the change in the phone number field and I am having the same result of the original error message.

I even went so far as to try and change just one number in my own profile

to: xxx-xxx-xxxy

One additional thing I tried - I removed the phone number completely, and it saved. Now I am unable to add anything in this field.

4 years 10 months ago #312500 by krileon
No idea what to suggest. Create a new text field and leave its parameters as default and see if things save fine there. If your phone field was another field type at one point (e.g. integer) there could be issues with its storage and you'll need to run through the database tools in CB > Tools to see if it can be fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn