Message CB native

4 years 8 months ago #313426 by Jimmm
Message CB native was created by Jimmm
I have red documentation but cant find how to display the number in new messages in menu

for example if you have 2 new messages it shows nothing , how to make cb to show these messages as it is shown here ?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 8 months ago #313427 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Message CB native
CB has no functionality to dynamically alter the title of a Joomla menu item to append something like that. I'm not aware of a Joomla event to even do that from a plugin as if there was one it'd likely be possible using CB Auto Actions. If such event exists it's likely one of the generic content events. See Joomla documentation below regarding its events.

docs.joomla.org/Plugin/Events

Regardless we've no plans to directly implement something like that. Private message count can be output in your CB Login Module, CB Workflows Module, above profile on the CB Menu, and outside of profile by substituting in the CB Menu tab. It'll also be possible in the future to easily substitute just the icon shown on the CB Menu tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313437 by Jimmm
Replied by Jimmm on topic Message CB native
Krileon thank you for your answer. I am sad that cb cant't have this functionality.

Canyou tell how to make Private message count output above profile on the CB Menu, and outside of profile by substituting in the CB Menu tab ?

Maybe you know how to make in cb new messages count colour as in picture above?

4 years 8 months ago #313451 by krileon

I am sad that cb cant't have this functionality.

Nothing can. I'm not aware of a Joomla event for menu items to modify their titles before display. If it exists then it'd be an interesting usecase for CB Auto Actions.

Canyou tell how to make Private message count output above profile on the CB Menu, and outside of profile by substituting in the CB Menu tab ?

It should already be displayed on their profile as an envelope icon. To display CB Menu outside of profile see our substitutions tutorials below.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb
www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18354-substituting-tabs-as-fields

Maybe you know how to make in cb new messages count colour as in picture above?

The envelope icon has a CSS class around it you can use to change the color as needed. Right click and inspect element on the envelope to use your browsers developer tools to see available CSS classes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313488 by Jimmm
Replied by Jimmm on topic Message CB native
Using available CSS classes cb changes colours of everything.

Maybe you know how to change css that it changes only in cb new messages count colour as in picture above (for example only figure 2 is changed colour)?

4 years 8 months ago #313499 by krileon
There's a CSS class specifically surrounding the envelope. Use your browsers developer tools to review that class by right clicking on it and clicking inspect element. This will open your browsers developer tools where you can review the HTML structure carefully for CSS classes.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn