[SOLVED] Verified Profile Badge

4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #314009 by Yoanna
[SOLVED] Verified Profile Badge was created by Yoanna
Hello,

I want to show a verified user badge in the profile of verified users. I want the same badge appear in the user list. To achieve that, this is what I did.

1) Created a new CB field called “VerifiedBadge”
2) Changed the field type to custom HTML
3) Made the field Read Only because I don’t want my users to edit this badge. Only administrator add that badge manually. For the same reason, I selected No for “Show on Profile Edit”. I selected “Show on Profile” to “Yes, 1 Line with Empty Title”.
4) After creating the field, I added that to my user list column.
5) But once I went to the user profile edit mode from back end to add the verified badge, I could not find the field anywhere.
6) I tried this procedure, sometimes fine tuning different settings so many times, and even in different sites I created but it did not work. I also changed “Read Only” status to “No” and “Show on Profile Edit” to “Yes” (this is not what I want) just to see that will make a difference. Still not.

Please help me to get this in to work.
Thank you so much :)

Yoanna

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 6 months ago #314015 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Verified Profile Badge

5) But once I went to the user profile edit mode from back end to add the verified badge, I could not find the field anywhere.

Custom HTML fields just output their HTML as defined in the field it self on every profile. It has no edit display. Sounds like what you're wanting to do is supply custom HTML on a per-user basis. You'd need to use a Editor Text Area fieldtype for that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yoanna

4 years 6 months ago #314023 by Yoanna
Replied by Yoanna on topic Verified Profile Badge
Hello

Thank you for the reply.
I did it, now I see the field with editor. However when I click save, the field does not get updated. It is just blank.

Yoanna

4 years 6 months ago #314024 by krileon
Where are you editing the fields? Read Only fields can only be edited from backend. Some WYSIWYG editors can also have odd behavior causing lost data; try using TinyMCE if using a 3rd party editor.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 6 months ago #314026 by Yoanna
Replied by Yoanna on topic Verified Profile Badge
Thank you Krileon. I used TinyMCE from backend. I don't know what went wrong but after playing around a lot, I just created a new field and it worked this time. So I'm happy with the result.

Q: I would like to display this verified badge in the Kunena Forum. (Just like how the "Developer" badge is visible under your name here). How can I achieve it, please?

Yoanna

4 years 6 months ago #314032 by krileon

Q: I would like to display this verified badge in the Kunena Forum. (Just like how the "Developer" badge is visible under your name here). How can I achieve it, please?

Custom sidebar functionality in CB Forums within CB > Plugin Management. Using substitutions you can substitute in whatever fields you like into the sidebar. Note this completely replaces the sidebar. See the below regarding substitution usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn