Export CB 1.9.1 entries to CB 2.4.2

4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #315340 by salazar.ea
Export CB 1.9.1 entries to CB 2.4.2 was created by salazar.ea
Hi,

I have a client with an older setup using CB 1.9.1 and Joomla! 2.5.28. I'd like to know what is the correct method to migrate/export the settings and entries to the latest CB 2.4.2? I will design a new site, but I would need to export all settings and data to the latest Community Builder.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #315355 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Export CB 1.9.1 entries to CB 2.4.2
There is no functionality to mass migrate your entire install like that. We only provide user import/export in latest CB 2.x releases, but you won't be able to use that to export your CB 1.x users and will likely need to use CB Juice. Your alternative is to dig into the database and do direct database migrations, but since you've 2 vastly different CB versions that is unlikely to work unless you first update the CB 1.x install to CB 2.x.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 4 months ago #315362 by salazar.ea
Replied by salazar.ea on topic Export CB 1.9.1 entries to CB 2.4.2
HI Kyle,

Thanks for your quick response. Is there an upgrade path for CB from v1.9.1 to the latest v2.4.2?

I've setup a duplicate site in a subdomain to do the testing of the upgrade, and then develop the new site using the latest version of CB, and then use the Export/Import features with the latest version of CB installed on the new site.

4 years 4 months ago #315378 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Export CB 1.9.1 entries to CB 2.4.2

Thanks for your quick response. Is there an upgrade path for CB from v1.9.1 to the latest v2.4.2?

Basically install latest CB 2.x and review your entire installs configuration to ensure it's still working as expected. A lot has changed since CB 1.x so some parameters have moved, been removed, or have changed. Some migration attempts fail, but it's rare (e.g. some users reported losing some userlist parameters, but is uncommon).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn