Prestashop

3 years 9 months ago #319586 by csgweb
Prestashop was created by csgweb
Hi. I'm using a translation from deepl.com
I have a working joomla site where I use CB.
I'm planning to install Prestashop to make a catalogue and future online shop.
The question is if I will be able to take advantage of the users already registered in the normal site so they can access the shop without having to register again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago #319595 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Prestashop
Community Builder is using Joomla users table and API.

If Prestashop also uses Joomla's users table and API, then there is no reasons why it wouldn't be able to use existing registrations.

However, make sure that you continue to use Community Builder to register new users, as CB has a second table, #__comprofiler, for additional fields, that Joomla's registration will not handle. For that, it should be enough to make sure that the "Community Builder system plugin" joomla-plugin is activated, and that in its settings, "Redirect URLs" and
"Rewrite URLs" settings are enabled.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

3 years 9 months ago #319625 by csgweb
Replied by csgweb on topic Prestashop
Thank you for your response to everything, beat.
I've had Joomla + CB running for a long time, with CB controlling the records. I also use the custom fields successfully. All good (some details that I have commented in other topics).
But now I plan to install Prestashop and it is not clear to me if a user of the Joomla+CB site will be able to login with his registration data.
For the moment, the basic fields are enough, I just want to avoid having to register again in Prestashop.
Also, if they know of a better e-commerce option or one that goes more friendly with CB, I can take it into account.

3 years 9 months ago #319630 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Prestashop

But now I plan to install Prestashop and it is not clear to me if a user of the Joomla+CB site will be able to login with his registration data.
For the moment, the basic fields are enough, I just want to avoid having to register again in Prestashop.

If it's a Joomla extension or has a Joomla extension for integrating with Joomla then it should work fine with existing users. It however looks like a completely standalone e-commerce solution that is not a part of the Joomla ecosystem. This means it will have its own registration and login process independent from Joomla.

Also, if they know of a better e-commerce option or one that goes more friendly with CB, I can take it into account.

Any that directly state they integrate with Joomla would be preferred otherwise you're going to have to bridge the two products yourself. You maybe able to bridge them at least from CB to your solution using CB Auto Actions (e.g. Query or Code actions to synchronize users to your solution).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 9 months ago #319631 by csgweb
Replied by csgweb on topic Prestashop
Thank you for responding, Krileon.
An intermediate solution would be to manually export new CB registrations to Prestashop, of course you have to see if it supports the same password encoding (I only need the email, username and password fields for both sites).

3 years 9 months ago #319632 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Prestashop
I strongly suggest using extensions that are well integrated with Joomla, and at very least use Joomla's users-management API, so at very least have compatible users handling and compatible, secure, password-hashings.

Btw, if it's to sell few items, our own CB Paid Subscriptions allows that too:
www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-paid-subscriptions
It is not suited to sell many items, and does not have shopping-cart functionality (quantities>1, edition, and so on). But it has many nice features that shopping-carts don't have, and a seamless integration in Joomla and CB.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 6.047 seconds