group or profile url

3 years 7 months ago #320045 by srisree999
group or profile url was created by srisree999
what is the profile url for community builder members to promote their profile or group

for ex

domain dot com/username
domain dot com/groupname

once user clicks on the url they will come to site and register

note : as free user i am unable to post url's thats why i posted urls like the above

regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #320059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic group or profile url
The profile URL with SEO enabled will be one of the following.

DOMAIN/MENU_ALIAS/USER_ID-URL_SAFE_USERNAME
DOMAIN/MENU_ALIAS/USERNAME

You can see this working on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/profiles/susan

"profiles" is the Joomla menu alias for the menu item to CBs profile page. That will always exist otherwise Joomla won't know where to go.

As for groups in CB GroupJive it depends on the group, but is typically one of the following.

DOMAIN/MENU_ALIAS/CATEGORY_ID-CATEGORY_NAME/GROUP_ID-GROUP_NAME

Example as follows.

demo.cbdemosites.com/community/groups/1-community-builder-add-ons/5-cb-activity

In the above you can ignore "community" as that's just the parent menu item since "groups" is a child of another menu item. "groups" is the MENU_ALIAS noted above. "1-community-builder-add-ons" is the CATEGORY_ID-CATEGORY_NAME and "5-cb-activity" is the "GROUP_ID-GROUP_NAME".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn